Page 17 of 94 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Thread: Motivational Vanity Pics page 17

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    It takes a huge amount of strength to be able to hold a handstand indefinitely without something to lean against, and be able to do things like walk on your hands, pirouette, pushups, and other impressive youtube tricks. Take time every day to work on your handstands. Someday...

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    All your pictures you have posted are just kick ups, are you actually holding them? I understand its difficult to get a well timed photo so just wondering.
    Depends on the situation--ones on rails and stuff are held a long time--actually, that one on the railing was pressed up really slowly; it's easy for me to hold a handstand when I am grabbing something. I can hold a static handstand longer on parallel bars or rings longer than I can on flat ground, actually, since I can wrestle those around with my hands a little more. I can walk on my hands basically indefinitely, until something gives out muscle-wise or too much blood pooling in my head makes me loopy. The paddleboard handstand was pretty short. First time on one, plus whiskey.

The ones that are actually dangerous on the edge of things I dial back my extension a little just to totally avoid going over; I push my head out a little and close off my shoulder angle a few degrees. I'm not totally willing to die for a cool picture.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    I still owe anthony that back flip video . Maybe I can get someone to shoot it soon. We don't do much pics and videos at random round my house. Who takes all those shots of you?

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    I still owe anthony that back flip video . Maybe I can get someone to shoot it soon. We don't do much pics and videos at random round my house. Who takes all those shots of you?
    Yeah, I want to see that flip!

Handstand pics are taken by whomever I'm hanging out with that day. Either a phone or a camera. On the dangerous ones I tell them I'm only going to do it once, and I'm only holding it until they say "Got it", then I'm done.

moluv is offline Senior Member
    Probably the best way to fool people into thinking you are holding your handstands is to take a screenshot from a video. See below:

Even though I can't hold this yet, it's progress toward scorpion/pincha and I'm pretty damn proud of that split second.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Just a boring picture that I took in the gym today! No handstands on the edge of an abyss from me today...

Just as well Gorbag, those shorts are enough
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Misabi View Post
    Just as well Gorbag, those shorts are enough
    Lmao!
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by moluv View Post
    Probably the best way to fool people into thinking you are holding your handstands is to take a screenshot from a video. See below:

Even though I can't hold this yet, it's progress toward scorpion/pincha and I'm pretty damn proud of that split second.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Yowza!

max219 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DoraV View Post
    I can't believe I'm posting pics of myself in my undies on the internetz, oh well. Here goes nothing, I've been doing crossfit since Jan and olympic lifting since July and have not lost any weight but I can definitely see more muscle under my fat.

Thanks for all the motivational pics everyone, I'm enjoying them.

Attachment 12839
    Looking great!

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by max219 View Post
    Looking great!
    Way to not let that one go unnoticed!

Page 17 of 94 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast