Page 12 of 105 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: Motivational Vanity Pics page 12

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    I still can't do upside down. When I try I instantly hear my brain screaming at me, telling me everything is bad and wrong, and that I should feel stupid for taking this incorrect position for whatever silly reason I had before I tried it. And then I fall over.
    Walking on your hands is excellent shoulder, core, and balance work though! It just takes some practice. I usually try to get to the end of my driveway, do a 180, and come back. Sometimes I make it the whole way, sometimes not.....If you can combine pullups, hand walks, and some air squats/pistol. I think you got yourself a full routine right there.

LauraSB is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    I still can't do upside down. When I try I instantly hear my brain screaming at me, telling me everything is bad and wrong, and that I should feel stupid for taking this incorrect position for whatever silly reason I had before I tried it. And then I fall over.
    I have this same problem. I also have trouble sensing where I am in space and where other things are around me. Games with moving balls are hopeless. I suspect it's all related.

However, I did try out eKatherine's instructions this morning. The worst part was going from crouched in front of the wall to feet all the way up - by a long shot. Once my feet were up, I managed to walk my hands back to about 2' from the wall and stay there for 30 sec, so I think my head's going to slow me down more than my arms and shoulders. But thanks to eKatherine and Old School, I'm going for the one-armed shot. Maybe I'll post a pic next year.

You look strong as an ox, Knifegill. Suck it up!
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Whoa! I'm impressed with anyone who can do a handstand. I did some tripod handstands yesterday, supporting myself with my head and hands and I unsuccessfully tried to lift myself up (hands only) from that position. Time for more practice.
    I wonder if those could be beneficial, allowing for more blood flow to the brain?

LauraSB is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    56! Do you do anything special to keep in shape? Most 30yo women would kill to look like you do.
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    56! Do you do anything special to keep in shape? Most 30yo women would kill to look like you do.
    Yeah, really, you look very much like a 30 year old....

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Greenbeast is offline Senior Member
    I used eKatherine's instructions this morning also. Easily got into hand stand but couldn't balance it straight away. I'll keep at it.
    I'm saving skin shots for my one year primal anniversary in September.

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LauraSB View Post
    Thanks!

I have the luck of being raised by a mom who cooked about 75% primal without knowing what it was. I eat about 90% primal now, the 10% being cheese/yogurt maybe once a week, Italian gelato maybe once a month, and organic non-GMO popcorn (with Kerrygold butter of course) once a month.

I Crossfit 3x a week, do a powerlifting workout once a week, and do Olympic weight lifting once a week. I also walk 3-5 hours a week. I have imbibed the Crossfit Kool-Aid, but I know when to scale and modify and go slower if I need to.

My kids are grown up and out on their own, and my Sweetie also eats primal, so I'm past some of the "distractions" that younger families have. I have more time to myself, and no tempting non-food at home, although I'm not often tempted by non-food any more. I also like to play! I really think that the entire PB plan is what works the best, not just the nutrition.

Natureman Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lleiton13 View Post
    I try and keep it simple Natureman. As far as my diet goes i eat every 2-3 hours breakfast usually consist of 6-8 hard boiled eggs and 1 1/2 -2 cups of organic oatmeal as far as snacks its usually chicken breast with some sort of side veggie steamed. Lunches consist of huge salads with some sort of red meat. Dinner i really try to eat big since its after my workouts.

I also supplement whey protein first thing in the morning and post work out and a casein protein right before bed and a multi.

As far as training goes i spend no more then 3-4 days a week in a gym doing full body exercises i try and vary my training and get routines from bodybuilding.com lol i know.

But in a nutshell thats it!
    Appreciate the information, Lleiton! Sounds like I will need to do more eggs. I'm probably not doing enough protein either. Usually around 70 to 80g a day. Thanks again!

moluv is offline Senior Member
    After working on my forearm stand a bit this morning, I think I'll spend the rest of the day lounging around in my yoga pants.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Nice photos moluv! I like grey yoga pants much better than rosa tights that girls are using in the gym here...
    Whoever fights trolls should see to it that in the process he does not become a troll - for when you gaze long enough into the computer screen, the computer screen will gaze back into you!
    - Gorbag Nietzsche

Page 12 of 105 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast