Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Depressed page 9

Jena is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by spk View Post
    sorry. just saw your note about deductible.

What would be worse, having another night (or day) like you had OR a $70 bill? Can you ask them to bill you, which will give you a little time to sort out where to get the cash but still get you in the door? Then, when the bill comes maybe you'll have had a chance to either save up the $ or if needed, borrow from a friend or family?

If the doc says they can't help you, tell them to direct you to someone who can. Get a name.
    I didn't go. I was so anxious the thought of sitting in that waiting room was terrifying.

Good news! I was able to sleep. I've been sleeping for about 5 hours and feel tired enough to keep sleeping. I think that horrible medicine is finally getting out. That was a true nightmare. I was really scaring myself, hearing things, having really bad thoughts, etc... I am pretty sure the anxiety will be better tomorrow after some more sleep. Thanks for all the hugs and support. It's the only thing that got me through.
    Cha-cha-cha changes.... turn and face the strange...

My journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread66276.html

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    So pleased to hear you slept and are feeling a little better. Sending calming, restful thoughts your way.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm!

Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    So pleased to hear you slept and are feeling a little better. Sending calming, restful thoughts your way.
    Thank you. I am somewhat anxious, but think I should be able to sleep soon. Tomorrow should be a better day

I'll be thinking of you. Deep breaths.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm!

spk
    spk is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jena View Post
    Good news! I was able to sleep. I've been sleeping for about 5 hours and feel tired enough to keep sleeping.
    Phew - that's so great. So glad for you! I'll second what badgergrl said and send you a big, relaxing breath. Wishing you a good day tomorrow

“you aren't what you eat - you are what you don't poop.” Wavy Gravy

Today I am Fillyjonk. Tommorow I will be Snufkin.

Well I was able to sleep for almost 8 hours. I did wake up quite a bit, but only for a minute or two at a time. I went to work and stayed all day. My boss was super nice and understanding about me leaving when I came in today. I was very anxious at work all day, but I made it through. After work I broke down and got some Xanax. I don't like to take it and I am really not supposed to (long story) but and I didn't exactly get it from my doctor, but I am desperate. I mean what am I supposed to do. The inside of my mouth is bleeding from biting it all day, my finger is all swollen from biting it and I rock back and forth in my chair like a crazy person... not to mention I barely got anything done. I still don't feel normal. I wish I never would've taken stupid Wellbutrin. What if it permanently messed me up? When my uncle took it to quit smoking he went nuts... he still is not quite the same (I thought he took chantix, but he said it was bupropion) and he hasn't taken it in months! I don't know, I'm sure I will get past this, but it's hard and I'm scared. Thanks for being so nice to me

Keep doing what you can that is within your control - good food, rest, water - and just keep riding out the bits that aren't. We're cheering for you.

Casey is offline Member
    My brain isn't able to use the dopamine/serotonin that my body produces, so I am on Wellbutrin. It has been an absolute LIFESAVER for me. I borked my receptors using crystal meth, and then menopause almost killed me dead. I walk 5 miles every day (not a stroll, I get. it. done.) and that helps me PRODUCE the good chemicals, and then the Wellbutrin helps my brain receptors actually USE those chemicals.

Some people may not respond to some chemicals the way some other people respond to chemicals. It depends on a person's unique chemical soup and history. In other words, 'your mileage may vary'.

A blanket statement calling for abandonment of all SSRI meds is irresponsible. And sounds like it came from the Tom Cruise School Of Quackery.

HOWEVER, Jena, if it made YOU worse I totally support your decision to seek other means of relief from your symptoms. You completely have my sympathy, I know how debilitation anxiety and depression can be.
    Last edited by Casey; 09-12-2013 at 03:49 PM. Reason: because I had more to say, like always...
    I could see that, if not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. ~P. G. Wodehouse

heregoesnothing is offline Junior Member
    I have also used Wellbutrin successfully (and have been off it for years) and its definitely not for everyone. If you have any level of anxiety it can cause panic attacks. I do know that it is NOT a drug that is dangerous to stop suddenly (unlike things like Effexor that you have to taper off). So by all means don't take it if it makes you feel this way, and no worries about long term damage or withdrawals. I hope you are feeling somewhat better and that you find a plan that works.

Quote Originally Posted by heregoesnothing View Post
    I have also used Wellbutrin successfully (and have been off it for years) and its definitely not for everyone. If you have any level of anxiety it can cause panic attacks. I do know that it is NOT a drug that is dangerous to stop suddenly (unlike things like Effexor that you have to taper off). So by all means don't take it if it makes you feel this way, and no worries about long term damage or withdrawals. I hope you are feeling somewhat better and that you find a plan that works.
    Yeah, the messed up think is that my doctor knows I suffer from a panic attack disorder and still gave it to me telling me that it would help suppress anxiety... she's going to hear it next time I see her! Oh well, lesson learned I guess, but I am still not feeling normal.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast