Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Depressed page 4

OkeePhoenix is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Wow.... Didn't say that. Talk about putting words in somebody's mouth. You'll note that I said that I recognize the fact that some people do benefit from these drugs, but please note that NOBODY, especially me, was talking TO you OR about you.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
    A light from the shadows shall spring....

Florida, USA.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OkeePhoenix View Post
    Wow.... Didn't say that. Talk about putting words in somebody's mouth. You'll note that I said that I recognize the fact that some people do benefit from these drugs, but please note that NOBODY, especially me, was talking TO you OR about you.

Florida, USA.
    You wrote "the chemicals in your brain can not CAUSE your mood." Then you wrote "To change your life, your mood, you must execute a shift in your consciousness. The change in brain chemistry will naturally follow. Your brain chemistry does NOT cause your moods, but is caused by them. "

I didn't put words in your mouth. Just called those words out as BS.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

OkeePhoenix is offline Junior Member
    You're absolutely right... Talk to your favorite medical professional about it, I'm sure he can adjust your meds and make you feel better about it.

Florida, USA.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    You're absolutely right... Talk to your favorite medical professional about it, I'm sure he can adjust your meds and make you feel better about it.

Florida, USA.

Ahhhh.....sarcasm....I guess what they say about it is true.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    Jena - I check in often to see how you're going. Good on you for carrying on . There are some great people here who are cheering you on to find what works for you - and you're right about the need to get on top of those panic attacks. They're exhausting, and the constant potential of them makes it harder to get any enjoyment out of life. It's very cool, though, to see that you're making plans and working on things.

Keep taking care of yourself. Heaps of hugs from the other side of the world.
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

Jena is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diego View Post
    I have sleep apnea and I've had anxiety for a couple of weeks about falling asleep with fear that I can't breathe. It's horrible and I'm not getting any sleep. Anybody else deals with sleep apnea? I don't want to use the cpap mask. I imagine grok never had sleep apnea.
    I'm not sure if I ever had sleep apnea, but I snore and grind my teeth. I got this mouth piece that pulls my lower jaw forward slightly and no more snoring... unless I'm sick. Pulling the lower jaw forward opens the throat. It's worth a shot at least
    Cha-cha-cha changes.... turn and face the strange...

My journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread66276.html

Quote Originally Posted by Jac View Post
    Jena - I check in often to see how you're going. Good on you for carrying on . There are some great people here who are cheering you on to find what works for you - and you're right about the need to get on top of those panic attacks. They're exhausting, and the constant potential of them makes it harder to get any enjoyment out of life. It's very cool, though, to see that you're making plans and working on things.

Keep taking care of yourself. Heaps of hugs from the other side of the world.
    Thank you so much for the support. It means so much to me!

Florida, USA.
    I do benefit from the drugs. I wish I didn't need them, but right now I do. Despite how I may sound on here I am a positive person. When the anxiety attacks came back suddenly was one of the happiest times in the recent past. And BAM! Out of seemingly nowhere they were back. They started a year or two after recovering from a very traumatic car accident. I was hit by a drunk driver and fractured my C1, C2, and C3. Shattered my ankle and literally had my forehead peeled off of my skull. I spent a month at the hospital and another couple laid up at home. Dozens of surgeries, hell basically. When I had to resume some surgeries a couple years later is when the anxiety began. That was such a long time ago, I was only 19, and I have gotten over it physically and mentally, and that's all I can really do. But now the anxiety can creep up a while after a stressful time passes. Or if I don't sleep well, or plenty of other things. Thank you for defending those of us that take medication. It does not mean I'm weak or negative. It means that I have been unable to stop this without the meds. I really appreciate your responses.

Owen is offline Senior Member
    Hi Jenna, hope you're doing well? What's your diet like? Just asking as I came to PB mainly for depression also, it seems as though the advice about getting healthy fats (from meat, fish and eggs etc) is very important. It's definitely worked for me.

BenP is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Golf View Post
    Jena,

Recently, I started meditating. It's hard, but I can tell it's helping.
    (i've not read all this thread apart from your first post and first page, but...)

Meditation worked for me - I struggled with anxiety attacks and meditation has completely sorted those. Only 10mins a day.

Also how's your gut? I was listening to an interview by Ben Greenfield with the guy from Cleangut and he said about how a damaged gut (e.g. from years of grain/antibiotics etc) then this can affect the serotonin levels produced in your body. So healing your gut can help sort out depression... (who'd have thought but it makes sense)

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast