Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: How many carbs a day do you have? page 9

Allenete is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by FrenchFry View Post
    Hello, dark choc a source of carb ? You must mean fat, don't you ?
    Well no, there is sugar in the chocolate as well as fat.
    Even the 100% I occasionally get has naturally occurring sugar.

YogaBear - nice butt! Do you even squat?

FrenchFry is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Allenete View Post
    Well no, there is sugar in the chocolate as well as fat.
    Even the 100% I occasionally get has naturally occurring sugar.
    Ah ? OK, I buy dark chocolate sweetened with stevia / erythritol so I see it as a fat source (which I don't really limit at all on occasion, I am not a Spartan )

EDIT: I have to say, normal sugar and my teeth don't agree very well so I avoid it ...

Oh god no, those things usually have some weird ass ingredients in them. I go for the highest percentage smallest number of ingredients I can find. And if that means some added sugar, oh well. The Lindt 85% is the best I can find so far, when I can't afford my 100% :P

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Allenete View Post
    YogaBear - nice butt! Do you even squat?
    Thank you!!! I've been working on it.

Just started squatting recently! Higher rep, lower weight til I get the form right.
    Last edited by YogaBare; 08-29-2013 at 06:52 AM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Say dat ass!!!

KiteKasia is offline Senior Member
    I see no ass here!?! :-)

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I try to neither know, nor care. About carbs, that is, not YB butt (which I am sure is pretty good from the lifting)!
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

fkjr2 is offline Senior Member
    LIFT DAYS:
    300-350 (yams, fruits, veggies)

REST DAYS:
    30-50 (strictly greens only)

dilberryhoundog is offline Senior Member
    Here's is a few of my thoughts, they are that only, take them as you may.

choco's advice is fairly solid.
    Fat is stored very efficiently within the body,
    Carbs are the best energy source, they can fuel your brain, your muscles, your organs, refill the liver and adipose tissue, and be recycled in the kidneys. they instantly appear within the blood stream directly from digestion.
    Protein is the most important chemical compound we can injest, as it is what we are made of. it can also be used as fuel as our bodies can break it down into glucose.

The worst thing about "primal" is the bickering over what is healthy. "Fat is healthy" "Fat is BAD" "take sugar for health" "carbs are unhealthy" "avoid too much protein" we've heard them all before (one was mentioned a few posts above). but they distract us from the true meaning of health.

There is only ONE thing in the human body that can be healthy and that is an individual body cell. A cell doing its specified task properly and efficiently is the definition of healthy. There are only three things that make a cell become unhealthy they are...

Overworked
    Underworked
    or Physical disintegration (destroyed)

Also if these healthy cells are grouped together then they make healthy tissue, healthy tissue makes healthy organs/structures etc.

So to drill down a bit here, lets look at carbs, carbs aren't healthy or unhealthy, all carbs do, is make "certain body cells do certain things". If I eat some carbs and the "certain body cells that do certain things", aren't overworked or under worked or disintegrated then eating those carbs has been healthy for me, but......

*If those "certain cells that do certain things" are overworked because those "cells" are always doing "certain things" because I am always eating carbs. or

*Those "certain cells that do certain things" are underworked because they never get to do anything because I am VLC.

Then eating those carbs may be (depending on individual cell threshold limits) unhealthy for me. Do we get that? Same macro, same chemical compound, vastly different health outcome. Think about it for a little bit and remember, I'm not saying carbs are bad, OK
    Last edited by dilberryhoundog; 08-29-2013 at 07:43 AM.
    A little primal gem - My Success Story
    Weight lost in 4 months - 29kg (64 lbs)

Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast