Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: How many carbs a day do you have? page 6

paint94979 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I went from a ZC/VLC paleo style for months I was already 6ft 156lbs with nothing to lose but my lower belly fat which still hasn't gone away but it may never which I'm coming to terms with. During my stint as a ZC/VLC guy I had brutally long recovery times... Example being a hard workout last 5 days with severe muscle soreness. I simply added .5 lb of sweet potato with my usual post workout meal consisting of 1 cup kefir, 3 eggs scrambled in 1 tbsp of pastured butter and I instantly decreased muscle soreness to 1-2 days max if even any at all. I can now run so much harder and longer than before.

After receiving my latest blood panel and seeing my testosterone drop I have decided to bump my PWO sweet potato size to 1 lb. My only thought is that it still isn't enough carbs for my lifestyle I also work construction and I am never sedentary or relaxing. I think I want to try 100g on rest days and 150g on workout days mostly PWO. Any thoughts or advice?

Balance is offline Senior Member
    175-225g per day coming from fruits, white rice, potatoes, plantains, Okinawan sweet potatoes (loving these right now), oj, and tons of carrots. On heavy workout days or when I play 2+ hours of full court basketball I will have 300+ grams of carbs.

I have been eating a whole foods paleo style diet for over 5 years and was consistently in the 100-150g of carbs per day camp. Not low carb for paleo/primal folks but definitely way too low carb for me and my activity level. I was always getting achy after workouts with tough recovery periods, and my hands and feet were always cold. My body personally needed more carbs. Adding more fruit, white rice and OJ definitely helped especially post workout.
    Last edited by Balance; 08-28-2013 at 10:12 PM.
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    300g/day average here. 50-100g in fruits, 50g in sugary snacks like chocolate or sour gummies, and 50-150g of rice/yam/potato depending on if I am working out. I have found that the fruits balance out the heaviness of animal protein/fat, the starch helps in muscle recovery, and the snacks help my sanity.

For the record--I am losing weight with this many carbs. The main variable for me is sleep, which I don't get enough of often.

Occasionally I also consume oats, local corn, Asian beans, sweet potatoes, and lactose. And those horribly addicting Korean rice cakes.
    Last edited by sakura_girl; 08-28-2013 at 11:44 PM.

Shadowknight137 is offline Senior Member
    I don't know. Probably somewhere North of 200?

I don't count carbs. Just make sure I'm getting enough fat and protein and just count cals from there. Easier.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Usually less than 50, occasionally more.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Forgotmylastusername is offline Senior Member
    I'm guessing I eat more than 200.
    Potatoes, dates, oatmeal, bananas, molasses, corn, corn wraps. And sometimes rice, spelt bread, lentils and orange juice.

Rojo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    They're nice guys. I'm an asshole. Ask around
    Come sunset, do the other Vikings fight over you?

thriveful is offline Senior Member
    Training day 300g, rest day around 70g

White rice, potato, veggies, a little ice cream, even some Maltodextrin powder if I'm not feeling that hungry.
    Last edited by thriveful; 08-29-2013 at 12:32 AM.

Missimia is offline Junior Member
    Lately, I've been getting about 100g, all from fruit and vegetables. Come winter, I'll probably be in ketosis.

Forgotmylastusername is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    These high-carbers have failed to break their sugar addiction. They are not an inspiration, more like admitted failures. I've been Very low carb, high fat, high to moderate protein for over three years, feel awesome and maintain a healthy weight with good muscle mass. WITHOUT tons of carbohydrate of any kind. Just make sure you're getting enough calories and a good micronutrient balance and in a few weeks, you should be golden.
    The failures are the ones populating low carb forums who say they can't eat an apple without ending up face down in a cheesecake. This is what happens when people try to bury their normal physiological needs.

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast