Ta da.
    Haha thanks.
    Big brains discuss ideas
    Average brains discuss events
    Small brains discuss people...
    -Eleanore Roosevelt

tarek is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by btownshreds View Post
    I get it. But I thought the point here was to eat more fat? Less carbs and sugar....
    Most take that as a general guideline that will produce weight loss and good health in most people. Different diets work for different people.

A lot of those here who eat high carb (myself included) don't have weight to lose. I am a thin, active 23-year-old male. I have the most energy and feel best when I include lots of carbohydrate in my diet. I've been eating a paleo-ish diet for about 3 years, and I've made small tweaks and adjustments according to how I feel and what I can afford. The general consensus on things like white rice, sprouted grains, refined sugar, etc. is that they make viable options if they're helping you reach your goals and you have no negative side effects.

But dude, if low carb is helping you lose weight or reach your goals, do it until it no longer works for you. That could be 3 months, a year, or three years from now, or it might work for you indefinitely. If and when it does stop working, make tweaks to your diet/lifestyle until you're satisfied.

btownshreds is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    I will be more than happy to put my thyroid panel, cholesterol numbers, fasting blood glucose, A1c, CRP, body fat percentage and my main lifts (deadlifts, squats, benchpress) versus bodyweight against yours.

I'm not addicted to any food. I eat what I eat because it is vastly superior to any way I used to eat, including the low carbohydrate version of Primal you follow, or the purely ketogenic diet I followed for 2 months which left me exhausted by Friday, binging on pasta Saturday and Sunday and everyone on Earth complaining about how bad my breath was. Then there was the awful smelling urine and I couldn't run 2 miles without wanting to pass out. Ugh, terrible.

And again, on the fat versus sugar debate that never ends (and doesn't matter), I'll take sugar for health and leanness over fat calorie-per-calorie. Ultimately, I choose neither in significant amounts.
    I agree with that. I lifted some cement bags at work today and my heart went through the roof and I could barely breathe. Wtf?
    Big brains discuss ideas
    -Eleanore Roosevelt

btownshreds is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tarek View Post
    Most take that as a general guideline that will produce weight loss and good health in most people. Different diets work for different people.

A lot of those here who eat high carb (myself included) don't have weight to lose. I am a thin, active 23-year-old male. I have the most energy and feel best when I include lots of carbohydrate in my diet. I've been eating a paleo-ish diet for about 3 years, and I've made small tweaks and adjustments according to how I feel and what I can afford. The general consensus on things like white rice, sprouted grains, refined sugar, etc. is that they make viable options if they're helping you reach your goals and you have no negative side effects.

But dude, if low carb is helping you lose weight or reach your goals, do it until it no longer works for you. That could be 3 months, a year, or three years from now, or it might work for you indefinitely. If and when it does stop working, make tweaks to your diet/lifestyle until you're satisfied.
    Understood. I just want to be lean. I'm 5"11 and 255. I have a lot of muscle but also most fat is in my stomach, and sides. Ugh.
    Big brains discuss ideas
    -Eleanore Roosevelt

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Can you message me a meal plan? Please? Or message me just so I can explain stats and all that?
    Mine:

Breakfast: 2 eggs hardboiled, or fried in butter or coconut oil, coffee, oj; or side of fruit or milk with blackstrap molasses
    Snack: oj with 32oz of gelatin protein
    Lunch: Fruit, 32oz of milk or cottage cheese; or 3oz of gouda; or 8oz lamb; or beef bowl with rice and gluten free soy sauce; or 1lb of mixed fruit by itself
    Snack 2: oj with 32oz of gelatin protein
    Dinner: 8oz liver(1x every week or 2) or oxtail; or liverwurst(beef liver, kidney, heart), 4-8oz gouda, or reggiano on eggs, or by itself with fruit; or 1lb dates; or bone broth
    Snack 3 for bed time: milk with honey and 16oz of gelatin

I typically eat a lot when I remember to. I also have coffee throughout the day always with liberal amounts of sugar and cream. Also, carrots in the afternoon.
    Last edited by Derpamix; 08-28-2013 at 10:07 PM.
    nihil

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    I agree with that. I lifted some cement bags at work today and my heart went through the roof and I could barely breathe. Wtf?
    Welcome to the world of lifting weights without glucose. My favorite part (AKA least favorite part) is how seemingly every repetition makes lactic acid. Ugh God the things I used to do to my body...
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Mine:

Breakfast: 2 eggs hardboiled, or fried in butter or coconut oil, coffee, oj; or side of fruit or milk with blackstrap molasses
    Snack: oj with 32oz of gelatin protein
    Lunch: Fruit, 32oz of milk or cottage cheese; or 3oz of gouda; or 8oz lamb; or beef bowl with rice and gluten free soy sauce; or 1lb of mixed fruit by itself
    Snack 2: oj with 32oz of gelatin protein
    Dinner: 8oz liver(1x every week or 2) or oxtail; or liverwurst(beef liver, kidney, heart), 4-8oz gouda, or reggiano on eggs, or by itself with fruit; or 1lb dates
    Snack 3 for bed time: milk with honey and 16oz of gelatin

I typically eat a lot when I remember to
    5% dietary fat my ass...that's like 30%.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Quote Originally Posted by tarek View Post

This is good advice. I am assuming your weight loss is stalled or reversing. Am I correct? Or are you still losing? In that case, don't fix what isn't broken.

max219 is offline Senior Member
    I'm a 22 year old active male. Recently been eating over 300 carbs most days, coming from ripe fruits, potatoes, sweet potatoes, plantains, rice, milk, juice, and added sugar to my coffee. I certainly feel like I have a lot of energy and feel I can perform better athletically (running and lifting) for what I am putting into it.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    5% dietary fat my ass...that's like 30%.
    There are or's in there mang. Also, raw skim milk. Also, meant grams, not oz, I'm drinking German lager paleo gods gonna strike me down
    Last edited by Derpamix; 08-28-2013 at 10:17 PM.
    nihil

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast