Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: How many carbs a day do you have? page 2

tarek is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    200 - 300g a day usually, sometimes more.

Mostly coming from fruit, white rice, white potatoes, sweet potatoes, orange juice, raw honey, coconut sugar, dried fruit, and sprouted grains (rarely, this can get expensive).

btownshreds is offline Senior Member
    What's tripping me out is you all are saying white sugar and rice...I thought that wasn't primal...

Are any of you seeing results weight loss wise eating like this?
    Big brains discuss ideas
    Average brains discuss events
    Small brains discuss people...
    -Eleanore Roosevelt

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    I average about 175g a day. Around 100g on rest days, 300g on workout days. I lift 4 days a week.

My carbs come from mostly white potatoes, sweet potatoes, plantains, corn tortillas from non-GMO masa harina, seasonal fruits and small, irregular quantities of molasses, maple syrup, honey and brown sugar. I'll eat white rice on occasion - I'm not a big fan and don't make it much, but if someone makes it for me I'll eat it. I love a good rice pudding. I don't count vegetables towards my carb count. I'm also thinking of experimenting with polenta.

Quote Originally Posted by btownshreds View Post
    What's tripping me out is you all are saying white sugar and rice...I thought that wasn't primal...

Just because something is Primal doesn't make it good and just because something is neolithic doesn't make it bad. I believe white rice and most legumes to be superior to nuts in general, and refined sugar is superior to most refined fats (and less fattening than all refined fats). 100 calories of white sugar is less fattening than 100 calories of olive oil for sure since it has a much higher burn rate. There is a difference between responsible use and abuse. Putting a teaspoon of sugar in your coffee is just fine. Blending half a stick of butter in your coffee or 4 pumps of that weird chemically flavored syrup at Starbucks...that's abuse. I don't think any of us are eating doughnuts and 32oz Coke's. Except maybe Derps, he's nuts
    Last edited by ChocoTaco369; 08-28-2013 at 08:26 PM.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Tom B-D is offline Senior Member

Nah, this is a love thread for the sugar junkies.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    For weight loss I eliminated or greatly reduced most of those foods I mentioned. Now maintaining approx 59kg, which is not that skinny but if I wanted to go skinnier I would rein back in on the fruit, cheese, chocolate and spuds - just keeping the carrots and pumpkin probably. Definitely not rice or sugar.

jodi29 is offline Member
    I average 50-65 per day. They are coming from my daily 4-egg scramble with some cheddar, apple with almond butter, grapes, carrots. Occasionally I'll have some dark chocolate, a glass of white wine, and white potatoes. These things are usually 1-3 times per week though. My goal is to lose fat. Once I hit my goal, I will increase the carb count just as Mark shows in his book.

AMonkey is offline Senior Member
    Anywhere from 50-200 just now. At least 50 if I'm only eating fruits and veggies. Most days I'm eating rice since I'm in Asia.

jakejoh10 is offline Senior Member

I'm in somewhat of a maintenance phase right now, but when I'm leaning out, I usually eat around 275-300g per day. White rice is primal, and Mark has said he puts sugar in his coffee, so...

Quote Originally Posted by Tom B-D View Post
    Lol no.
    My nutrition/fitness/critical thinking blog:

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom B-D View Post
    95% of the forum is a love thread for fat junkies. All the sugar junkies are skinny. Crazy right The chances of sugar being converted into fat are very slim. If you're going to severely overeat, the best thing to eat is protein and sugar with no fat. When you don't eat fat, there isn't really much for your body to store as fat, and sugar is so taxing to convert you use about 1/3 of the calories in the process just from the conversion alone. Fat stores for free.

The really skinny kids eat pixie sticks, candy corn and Jolly Ranchers. The fat kids eat chocolate bars, pastries, burgers and fries.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

btownshreds is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    I average about 175g a day. Around 100g on rest days, 300g on workout days. I lift 4 days a week.

My carbs come from mostly white potatoes, sweet potatoes, plantains, corn tortillas from non-GMO masa harina, seasonal fruits and small, irregular quantities of molasses, maple syrup, honey and brown sugar. I'll eat white rice on occasion - I'm not a big fan and don't make it much, but if someone makes it for me I'll eat it. I love a good rice pudding. I don't count vegetables towards my carb count. I'm also thinking of experimenting with polenta.

Just because something is Primal doesn't make it good and just because something is neolithic doesn't make it bad. I believe white rice and most legumes to be superior to nuts in general, and refined sugar is superior to most refined fats (and less fattening than all refined fats). 100 calories of white sugar is less fattening than 100 calories of olive oil for sure since it has a much higher burn rate. There is a difference between responsible use and abuse. Putting a teaspoon of sugar in your coffee is just fine. Blending half a stick of butter in your coffee or 4 pumps of that weird chemically flavored syrup at Starbucks...that's abuse. I don't think any of us are eating doughnuts and 32oz Coke's. Except maybe Derps, he's nuts
    I get it. But I thought the point here was to eat more fat? Less carbs and sugar....
    Big brains discuss ideas
    Average brains discuss events
    Small brains discuss people...
    -Eleanore Roosevelt

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast