Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Breakfast...yes? page 4

oxide is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by lark42 View Post

Could I mess with breakfast? Ask me after I finish my eggs and bacon.
    If it's any consolation, I'm the same way. If I feel the need to skip a regular meal, I'll skip dinner. Seems to work out the same.

Anyway, I don't think of "intermittent" fasting as skipping a regular meal every day. More like, you just spontaneously forget to eat a meal here and there, no matter which meal. Many times I'll skip lunch without knowing it.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

Tom B-D is offline Senior Member
    I'm usually hungry in the morning and enjoy a good breakfast. Only a few times I haven't been, and I'm good with an IF those mornings. But I tried to convince myself I should IF more regularly and it didn't work for me at all...energy dropped, wanted to sugar up in the evenings. So I'm back to breakfast and liking it all a lot more. I guess the lesson is, listen to yourself first, the forums second. :-)

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    You cannot avoid breakfast. Of COURSE it is the most important meal of the day. It is when you break your fast.
    Excellent and so true!

Euphoric is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by lark42 View Post
    This thread has got me thinking, though, am I the product of life-long habit?
    We are all creatures of habit. This is what makes lifestyle changes difficult, especially for those who try to remove a habit, without replacing it.

Perhaps, but I wake up hungry; my hunger often wakes me up.
    Waking up due to hunger sounds like a problem to me.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234