Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Breakfast...yes? page 3

oxide is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    If you're not hungry for breakfast, then don't eat breakfast. It's also a good sign, it means that you're not a slave to wheat addiction.

A dirty secret that they don't tell is that there is TOO MUCH FOOD in America. Food companies, hungry for profits, need to seel more food each year. The problem is that they population isn't growing as fast as they want profits to grow. So instead of selling the food to more people, they have to sell more food per person. In the past year or so there has been a huge push toward fast-food vendors selling breakfast (Taco Bell???!?), all of it pushing how important breakfast is.

They are just feed food addiction and making us fat.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

Euphoric is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBipper View Post
    But, is breakfast still the most important meal of the day?
    Far as I'm concerned, breakfast is just the first meal you eat. I'd say eating is pretty important. When you eat, however, would be up to you, and completely up to how you react to it.

GiGiEats is offline Senior Member
    No breakfast for me. If anything, breakfast makes me sick. I believe in IF and that's what I live by - dinner the evening before and then no meals until noon or so the following day. I am never really hungry until around 11 or 12 the following day anyways. Do what you feel is best for you, there is no one-size-fits-all plan!

Owen is offline Senior Member
    Breakfast when hungry is the best way to go, people have different metabolisms / rhythms. I find it really good to skip breakfast when not hungry as it gives me more energy. For weight loss results, having a protein breakfast brings great results. Also works well for mood stabilising and hypoglycemia, and probably various other things as well.

Mr. Koozie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oxide View Post
    If you're not hungry for breakfast, then don't eat breakfast. It's also a good sign, it means that you're not a slave to wheat addiction.

A dirty secret that they don't tell is that there is TOO MUCH FOOD in America. Food companies, hungry for profits, need to seel more food each year. The problem is that they population isn't growing as fast as they want profits to grow. So instead of selling the food to more people, they have to sell more food per person. In the past year or so there has been a huge push toward fast-food vendors selling breakfast (Taco Bell???!?), all of it pushing how important breakfast is.

They are just feed food addiction and making us fat.
    Excellent points oxide. All the fast food places have breakfast now. Even Subway.
    “You may have thought you heard me say I wanted a lot of bacon and eggs, but what I said was: Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.” - Ron Swanson

lark42 is offline Senior Member
    Okay, I'll be the one dissenting voice from the wilderness - I love and live for my first-thing-in-the-morning breakfast. Always have. I like a big breakfast too, always have. I like the same things for breakfast too. Always have. I guess breakfast's always been one 'sure thing' in my day.

This thread has got me thinking, though, am I the product of life-long habit? Perhaps, but I wake up hungry; my hunger often wakes me up. I'm still a primal newbie, but have noticed my need for breakfast has gotten less urgent - I used to be a real bear first thing before I ate, now not so much. I'll even cook for someone else before myself.

It might be interesting to see if I can go longer into the day without eating. Maybe try bulletproof tea instead. Since adopting primal foods my whole eating pattern is starting to shift, and I'm still learning when I'm hungry, and for what. Snacks? Lunch? Each day can be different as I'm trying to tune into my body more, and the clock and habit less.

Could I mess with breakfast? Ask me after I finish my eggs and bacon.

Lark
    "Unfortunately, humans rely less on instincts and more on culture to determine what they eat" - Marcia Pelchat

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    If you get used to eat "breakfast" at 12.30 then you will normally get hungry at that time, and not before, due to the hunger hormone grehlin! It usually take a couple of weeks to ease into a new breakfast habit, and there may be several good reasons for skipping an early breakfast. Personally I eat my breakfast around 2 PM these days, but I am drinking black coffee, tea and Coke Zero before that...
    Whoever fights trolls should see to it that in the process he does not become a troll - for when you gaze long enough into the computer screen, the computer screen will gaze back into you!
    - Gorbag Nietzsche

Silvergirl is offline Senior Member
    I can easily go to at least 11am after stopping eating the night before before 7, but I love having breakfast and seem to need the calories right now. I guess if my breakfast wasn't usually bacon I wouldn't be so excited. I think you just have to see what works for your particular body. I couldn't IF more than that, I have to have my full lunch and dinner no matter what, I get weak, hungry and brain fog if I am late with dinner, no matter how low carb I am.
    Last edited by Silvergirl; 08-31-2013 at 08:45 AM.
    Starting Primal June 2012 at 148.5lbs, goal weight in November 2012.
    Now 95lbs and holding.
    Primal, minus eggs, dairy and a myriad of other allergens.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    I recommend to avoid a tempting breakfast if your goals are weightloss or weight maintenance! Thats what I am doing anyway by having fresh rather tasteless cheese and raw vegetables for breakfast at 2 PM. At 6 PM I eat a HUGE meal of everything though, and a more moderate meal 9 PM...
    Whoever fights trolls should see to it that in the process he does not become a troll - for when you gaze long enough into the computer screen, the computer screen will gaze back into you!
    - Gorbag Nietzsche

hedwards is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvergirl View Post
    I can easily go to at least 11am after stopping eating the night before before 7, but I love having breakfast and seem to need the calories right now. I guess if my breakfast wasn't usually bacon I wouldn't be so excited. I think you just have to see what works for your particular body. I couldn't IF more than that, I have to have my full lunch and dinner no matter what, I get weak, hungry and brain fog if I am late with dinner, no matter how low carb I am.
    I eat my "breakfast" at noon most days. Which lately consists of a couple eggs and two strips of bacon. I'll start to get really hungry about 11 or so, and I'll take a snake of coconut oil to help ease the transition back into the feeding period.

Seems to work fairly well. Since I started the snack routine, I have a much easier time making wise decisions on food the entire day.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast