Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Failure...always an option. page

BigBipper is offline Member

Failure...always an option.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I have been in around the primal/paleo lifestyle for about 8 months now. When I stumbled upon it, I was amazed at what I found. More food, less me. Brilliant. Yet, here I am continue to struggle mightily. I actually embraced this lifestyle approach on the grounds that it made perfectly good sense. It really had nothing to do with losing weight or vanity. Every other change I have tried has always had the understanding that the only reason I was doing it was to lose weight. This was different. It was somewhat of an awakening.

The only positive I can say is that in 8 months, I have no gained weight. But I still struggle with so many things. Consistency. Energy. Pizza.

So damn frustrated and dead on my feet. Did not think I'd be dead by 38. I am so disgusted with the cycle and the process. It has been for more than half my life. I feel like I am drawing dead. My body hurts. The joins in my hips hurt. My body is now starting to rebel to the years of abuse. I am just starting to rebel period.
    Get busy Groking or get busy dying. That's damn right!

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Never say die. The world conspires against you, making the struggle harder than it should be. Just keep on Grokking on and you will emerge healthier and grokkier than ever.

Zach is offline Banned
    Or evalute why things arent working and try to find a way to improve your quality of life that doesnt involve restricting.

diene is offline Senior Member
    Not sure if you're just venting, or if you want advice. You haven't provided enough information for anyone to give you advice. What kinds of foods are you eating? Why does your body hurt? Does it hurt all the time or just in response to physical activity? How did you abuse your body in the past (if you care to share)?

Anyway, without more info, no one can help you.

Allenete is offline Senior Member
    Giving up on a good way of eating is never a good option. You can't "fail" good food.

I'm not sure what your health issues are caused by, but the primal way of eating isn't a cure for everything, and as many instances there are of maladies going away, it isn't a magic potion that fixes everything.

Have you seen a doctor?
    What is the context of your aches and pains?
    What is your current diet like?

Owen is offline Senior Member
    Whats the longest you've gone without eating anything processed? I'm not in a position to preach at the moment as I've just had something of a blip in the last week, randomly began eating bread and cereal, - but it's pretty much the only time I've done it since going primal last November and my overall health has improved gigantically. I'm also about 50 pounds lighter and 100 times happier. I am probably the last person anyone who knows me would have said would have success with this, and i've surprised a lot of people. It's powerful. But I still attribute my success to the first four weeks and the fact that I did it in stages:

Week 1: Give up refined sugar
    Week 2: Give up bread
    Week 3: Give up all grains (inc cereals, pizza, pasta) and give up dairy
    Week 4: Give up legumes and start only using approved oils
    Week 5: Begin to refine the diet - looking at avoiding chemical ingredients, quality and types of meat.......

I'm reading a book at the moment called 'The Chimp Paradox' which explains that we have a chimp inside us that kicks off big time when we stop feeding it choccies and its favorite trigger foods - I have a feeling thats why the 'do it in stages' model worked for me, at least. It also gives the internal chimp the opportunity to develop a taste for paleo foods, and to realise that it is going to get them in plentiful supply.

skotcharu is offline Senior Member
    Don't give up. Failure is an option, but it should the very last one.

drjoyous is offline Senior Member
    Keep going! If you want, send along your stats and you'll hear from others with some of the same challenges you have, and what they did/how they did. This IS a more healthy lifestyle and you will gain health. But you and your body will regain that health in its own time/way. Someone on this board said that the thing they learned "most" in primal was patience.
    Me too...

Just don't give up your goals. Just find your own path towards them. We can help, or at least support you.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    It's time for sone hard love then. You know why you failed, what are you going to do about it? We can't give advice unless you're really willing to change. Do you have an action plan?
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

BigBipper is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    Never say die. The world conspires against you, making the struggle harder than it should be. Just keep on Grokking on and you will emerge healthier and grokkier than ever.
    I agree. I am afraid to entirely give up as I think it just may kill me.
    Get busy Groking or get busy dying. That's damn right!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast