Thread: Anyone tried Nuttzo? page

thehowlmoon is offline Junior Member

Anyone tried Nuttzo?

I found this stuff in Whole Foods the other day. Has anyone else here tried it? Is there a catch to this or what? It seems to good to be true. Would love to hear some feedback from other primals. I think the stuff tastes great, just don't know if there's a reason not to combine all these things at once. I know this kinda sounds like an ad or something but I'm just genuinely curious and a search of the forum didn't turn anything up.

Thanks!!

-Anthony

WeldingHank is offline Senior Member
    The Peanut free looks good. Might see if mine has it to try it out!

picklepete is offline Senior Member
    Nothing wrong with the blending, it definitely looks tasty (though chia wrecks my gut).

Nuts and seeds are a major hazard for folks who monitor polyunsaturates and total energy so I'd treat it as a dessert--0.5~1.0 oz at a time and not every day.
    35//6'3"/180

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

thehowlmoon is offline Junior Member
    PicklePete, can you elaborate on this? "Nuts and seeds are a major hazard for folks who monitor polyunsaturates and total energy so I'd treat it as a dessert--0.5~1.0 oz at a time and not every day."

This is the kind of stuff I'm looking for...

Thanks!

picklepete is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Nuts and seeds are nutritious whole foods and have their place but most Paleo plans including PB emphasize keeping a leash on total polyunsaturates--most of us are living with a legacy of soybean and canola oils in our tissue and eating more might slow our recovery.

Also nuts and seeds contain no water so the calories per ounce are freakishly high (3~4x more than a steak) and some folks end up in trouble if they try to fill an empty stomach with them.
    35//6'3"/180

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list