Thread: New member page

bk2
    bk2 is offline Junior Member

Shop Now
    Hello.

I recently started on this primal journey having read two of Mark's books and others by Gary Taubes and the Blood Sugar Solution by Mark Hyman. Despite being an extremely active individual, five years ago I had a stent inserted. Call it lifestyle, inflammation, family history, bad diet (I was a vegetarian!). Since "my incident" I have managed to keep active, kept my numbers in line (it's easy with a cocktail of Lipitor and BP meds) but I still felt inflamed and my weight never seemed to budge (I'm 54, 6' and 210 lbs). Lately, stomach bloat and gas have been bothering me and I decided to do something about it. I have embraced this Primal Blueprint lifestyle. Here's my take after about 2 weeks:

- My stomach bloat and gas pains have ceased. I have mostly stopped eating bread, beer (I will have occasional rice) but over the weekend we were out and the only thing to eat was a sandwich (boy did I pay for it that night).

- Originally my energy was down, but today - WOW! Lately, I've added 100mg of ubiquinol each day. Maybe a surge from that?

- I feel much less inflamed in my face and body feels leaner. I'm not going to weigh myself every day, maybe once per week.

- Eating has been great! Each day I start with green tea, eggs, or nuts and some fruit. Lunch is a salad with a protein. Dinner is meat and veggies. My grill has been going through a workout these past few weeks. My wife loves it as I've been doing most of the cooking.

My goal is to keep my BP and cholesterol numbers in check, settle down to a natural weight without the chronic cardio, reduce the effects of aging and continue to have an active and fun life. I think I have found my answer with this lifestyle.

Your location: Illinois

Age (If you want): 54

How Primal are you: 90+%

Do you consume dairy: I like nice cheeses!

Do you drink coffee or tea: Green tea and when not available, coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: See above

Favorite exercise: Cycling

Favorite Primal food: Lately it;s been salmon!

Best part about being Primal: No more gas and bloat has gone down

Worst part about being Primal: I miss pizza..... :-(

Kris T is offline Senior Member
    glad you are on the right track and are doing so well. Keep up the good work, and you will reach your goals!
    44 F 5'5
    SW 205.4
    CW 180.4
    GW 150

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    Welcome! I hope primal goes well for you.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.