Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Avoid Carrots? page

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member

Do You Avoid Carrots?

Primal Fuel
    Someone on my blog told me that a lot of primal/paleo people avoid carrots because they are high on the GI. Well, I just looked that up and discovered they are low on the GI. The GL is very low at 3 for one carrot.

They are low in sugar, low carb, and have tons of Vitamin A. I LOVE them raw as a snack or as a "dessert" after my meal. It cleans my teeth well (I still brush) and seems like an ideal veggie.

Thoughts, anyone?
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

mjoshuahill is offline Member
    I love carrots as well. Raw with dip along with cucumbers and brocolli!
    It is sad that the measuring stick of our progress is the speed by which we distance ourselves from the natural world. Even sadder is that we will only see this when there is no nature left to save.

Tara tootie is offline Senior Member
    I dont seek them out but I dont aviod them either. Same with beets and yams.
    Life on Earth may be punishing, but it includes an annual free trip around the sun!

NoMoreGrains is offline Member
    I used to go through a 5 lb bag every other week. I've been concerned lately with the GI, the carb content, and the sugars. Also, I just had dental braces put on, so eating raw carrots (that's how I like them) is hard on my bottom wire. I've done an experiment where I've eliminated the carrots as well as all fruit, and I've lost 18 lbs (though much of that can also be attributed to giving up whole grains). I get my vitamin A from leafy greens like kale, collard greens, and bok choy. I'm happy with the results, but I wouldn't hesitate to get a carrot here and there, because I still like the taste.

Fury22 is offline Senior Member
    Love carrots! I'm like Bugs F***in Bunny man! WAT??????
    Check out my blog!

http://easternstrength.blogspot.com/

I like to throw, squat and pull heavy things for fun.

We're designed to be hunters and we're in a society of shopping. There's nothing to kill anymore, there's nothing to fight, nothing to overcome, nothing to explore. In that societal emasculation this everyman is created. ~David Fincher, director of Fight Club, interview with Gavin Smith, "Inside Out," Film Comment, Sep/Oct 1999

ikaika is offline Senior Member
    I actually got to the point where my hands turned orange. I would have like a pound a day. They're so sweet and crispy! They feel like coconuts to me. However, when I went primal... I cut back quite a bit. Now I don't buy them, or else i'll buy one to thinly slice onto my salad, but last time I met up with my dear mom she gave me a bag of baby carrots. They're awesome.. and not yet gone! How's that for willpower?

-写
    Last edited by ikaika; 06-02-2010 at 03:18 PM.

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    I eat a carrot every day or three. No biggie if you're keeping carbs low in the ways that are big (grains, excessive fruit, potatoes, etc).
    Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

AppalachianMatt is offline Senior Member
    Love carrots. I'll eat them in my salads and steam them occasionally for a side dish at dinner. The problem about sites like this is you'll have individulas who heard how bad somehting is and just take their word for it. A lot of people don't understand the concept of doing the research yourself and seeing if it's based in reality or not. I think thats how CW got started.
    Today is a new day. You will get out of it just what you put into it. If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. And supposing you have tried and failed again and again, you may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'Failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down.

Mary Pickford

cerebelumsdayoff is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ikaika View Post
    I actually got to the point where my hands turned orange. I would have like a pound a day. They're so sweet and crispy! They feel like coconuts to me. However, when I went primal... I cut back quite a bit. Now I don't buy them, or else i'll buy one to thinly slice onto my salad, but last time I met up with my dear mom she gave me a bag of baby carrots. They're awesome.. and not yet gone! How's that for willpower?

-写
    +1

For a few weeks of my life i would actually go through a 5 lb bag a week. I turned orange as well and when I went for a routine physical, the doctor asked me if I realized i was orange. She told me to stop eating carrots. They are just so good.
    --
    Here it is, your moment of zen.

It's a no brainer: The journal of the cerebelum

hbeck is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Wouldn't recommend a pound a day, but seriously...they're carrots. Eat em if you want.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast