Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Diet soda page

Eric_S is offline Junior Member

Diet soda

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    So obviously not paleo / primal, but where does it fall on the scale of never consume to consume always?

I typically have a can of diet soda once or twice a day, is it something that is going to affect my weight loss or something that will really not make much of a difference?

Mr. Anthony is offline Senior Member
    Pretty solid on the never consume side.

Sent via F-22 Raptor

fillyone is offline Senior Member
    Never consume : )
    Barb - Portland, Oregon

"Everything is as it should be given what has gone before. This is not an excuse but it is a reason"
    ~ Dr G & Barb ~

Ghshl is offline Senior Member
    I used to drink it a lot, but have basically cut it out. I would rather account for the calories and drink sugared soda.

Sent from my GT-I9300

GrokDoll is offline Member
    When I stopped drinking diet soda, I stopped getting kidney stones. So I never consume. When my husband stopped drinking diet soda, he lost 10lbs with no other changes. We make our own seltzer at home which is a nice change from plain water without all the garbage in it.

loafingcactus is offline Senior Member
    It makes me feel hungry, perhaps because the fake sugar can fool your body into releasing insulin. So I use it to recover from binging, but I avoid it when I want to be in control of what I eat.
    In God we trust; all others must bring data. W. Edwards Deming
    Blogging at http://loafingcactus.com

Jenry Hennings is online now Senior Member
    To actually answer the question, no, it won't affect weight loss.. Minimal calories, maybe some caffeine in it? Carbonated water may help fill stomach space making you feel fuller, but before people misinterpret this is an endorsement, it's not, just in terms of weight loss, it won't hurt.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    It makes me puffy, as in whole body puffy. Then I am always more thirsty after drinking one. I like the taste, don't get me wrong, but diet soda just isn't a food in any sense of the word; it is a watery chemical concoction that everybody would be better off without. You could try to find awesome bottled waters. I never knew water could taste so good until I started puttering around with glass-bottled waters from single springs, like this Mountain Valley Spring Water - Premium Bottled Water Company which I get at a local health food store. I can also get a locally bottled maple water, which I don't like as much, but it feels very hydrating. My kids swear by coconut water.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

loafingcactus is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenry Hennings View Post
    To actually answer the question, no, it won't affect weight loss.. Minimal calories, maybe some caffeine in it? Carbonated water may help fill stomach space making you feel fuller, but before people misinterpret this is an endorsement, it's not, just in terms of weight loss, it won't hurt.
    That is a statement that overreaches the facts. Based on the science, no one can say that it does or does not make people fat. We know that diet soda is associated with obesity. The question of why is open: is there something about diet soda that makes you fat? Or is it simply that obese people are more likely to reach for the diet soda in the desire to control their obesity?
    In God we trust; all others must bring data. W. Edwards Deming
    Blogging at http://loafingcactus.com

Allenete is offline Senior Member
    It can perpetuate sugar addiction - with a vengeance.

Question is, why do you feel the need to drink it?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast