Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Atkins Frozen Meals.....How do we feel about them? page 2

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    JERF.

It's not that hard to make your own fresh foods from scratch. Takes less time than it does to earn the money slaving away at some soul-sucking job to purchase the frozen dinners, nuke them, peel off the plastic (which has now saturated your food with little bits of polymers and resins) and burn your tongue on the reconstituted dehydrated vegetable particles.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 175 x 3. Current Deadlift: 225 x 3

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    JERF.

It's not that hard to make your own fresh foods from scratch. Takes less time than it does to earn the money slaving away at some soul-sucking job to purchase the frozen dinners, nuke them, peel off the plastic (which has now saturated your food with little bits of polymers and resins) and burn your tongue on the reconstituted dehydrated vegetable particles.
    Good to have you back, kiddo.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Takes less time than it does to earn the money slaving away at some soul-sucking job to purchase the frozen dinners, nuke them, peel off the plastic (which has now saturated your food with little bits of polymers and resins) and burn your tongue on the reconstituted dehydrated vegetable particles.
    Wow, you will never be employed by Stouffers.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

picklepete is online now Senior Member
    This is kind of philosophical but the convenience itself is a trap in my experience. Eating a container of non-specific "beef", "onion", etc. might fool my tongue but the rest of me feels cheated and preoccupied until I have a proper meal so I end up with excess anyway.
    35//6'3"/180

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

GiGiEats is offline Senior Member
    I highly recommend avoiding those things at all costs. Highly processed, full of salt and other preservatives. Cooking might take a bit more time, but with preparation and planning in advance, you shouldn't have too much of an issue.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12