Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Tabata?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    174

    Tabata?

    Shop Now
    Any one have an opinion on it? I'm wondering since its high intensity, and mark only prescribes short intense workouts, I think this could be ideal?
    Big brains discuss ideas
    Average brains discuss events
    Small brains discuss people...
    -Eleanore Roosevelt

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    9,555
    I do it once a week. It fits as your "sprint" session.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    I do it once a week. It fits as your "sprint" session.
    Nice so I can only do Tabata and I'm set?
    Big brains discuss ideas
    Average brains discuss events
    Small brains discuss people...
    -Eleanore Roosevelt

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    9,555
    I dunno what you want out of training, but this is what I do to stay strong and metabolically fit:

    2x/week lift heavy
    1x/week tabata
    bike or walk to work and home 3-5 days a week and take one longer hike on the weekend.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    I dunno what you want out of training, but this is what I do to stay strong and metabolically fit:

    2x/week lift heavy
    1x/week tabata
    bike or walk to work and home 3-5 days a week and take one longer hike on the weekend.
    I just want to get lean dude. Like a crossfit dude. Well. Kinda. Not that ripped because I know you gotta do a lot of their movements and I don't have the equipment for that. I have 4 kettlebells though!
    Big brains discuss ideas
    Average brains discuss events
    Small brains discuss people...
    -Eleanore Roosevelt

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,968
    Quote Originally Posted by btownshreds View Post
    I just want to get lean dude. Like a crossfit dude. Well. Kinda. Not that ripped because I know you gotta do a lot of their movements and I don't have the equipment for that. I have 4 kettlebells though!
    Keep saying dude. That might help. Seriously..listen to NH. Or google some stuff.

    Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by oceangrl View Post
    Keep saying dude. That might help. Seriously..listen to NH. Or google some stuff.

    Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
    Keep sayin?
    Big brains discuss ideas
    Average brains discuss events
    Small brains discuss people...
    -Eleanore Roosevelt

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by oceangrl View Post
    Keep saying dude. That might help. Seriously..listen to NH. Or google some stuff.

    Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
    Nm. Jerk haha. Good one.
    Big brains discuss ideas
    Average brains discuss events
    Small brains discuss people...
    -Eleanore Roosevelt

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    604
    Here is a good article that supports Neckhammer's suggestion and also an adjustment to Tabata. Do 1 x 4 minute sprint.

    Single Sprint Effective and Time-Efficient Way to Build Fitness

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    281
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    I dunno what you want out of training, but this is what I do to stay strong and metabolically fit:

    2x/week lift heavy
    1x/week tabata
    bike or walk to work and home 3-5 days a week and take one longer hike on the weekend.
    This is exactly what I do too. Great results.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •