Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What to pack for lunches? page

btownshreds is offline Senior Member

What to pack for lunches?

Shop Now
    I am currently 2 weeks into a construction job. I pothole. Sometimes it's strenuous, sometimes it's easy. I'm mobile for part of the day. But the crazy thing is (it's even allowed according to labor laws), is were not allowed to go anywhere for lunch. We have to bring a lunch. No leaving in company vehicles the boss says...

Well I've brought my lunch but I just brought conventional foods like bread for sandwiches. This was before I started lchf/Paleo...

So what would someone recommend packing a lunch for a work day?
    Big brains discuss ideas
    Average brains discuss events
    Small brains discuss people...
    -Eleanore Roosevelt

gfresh is offline Junior Member
    A good place to start is leftovers from the night before. If that isn't possible then go with a big salad, whatever dressing you want, and a big old chunk of meat in there. Since you're doing construction, I'm guessing you're gonna need some carbs in there. I'd recommend some baked sweet potato fries or a couple pieces of fruit.

gfresh is offline Junior Member
    One more thing, go with some glass tupperware and wash and reuse it everday. Saves money

astromom is offline Member
    My lunch is usually romaine lettuce wraps filled with cheese, leftover meat or deli meat, avocado, and tomato. With that I have a banana with almond butter (I put a spoon filled with almond butter in a Baggie). If I need more food I'll also pack fruit, carrots or a handful of nuts. No need to cook anything and it works great in a small cooler lunch pack.

Stacy15 is online now Senior Member
    Leftover or cooked ahead of time steak or chicken or bacon, or really any kind of meat you don't mind cold (if no microwave)

Fruit or dried fruit

Hard boiled eggs

Cut up veggies

Baked potatoes that are cooled and then fried in butter are good cold too

btownshreds is offline Senior Member
    You're all Incredible and very supportive. Thank you.
    Big brains discuss ideas
    Average brains discuss events
    Small brains discuss people...
    -Eleanore Roosevelt

Barnyard is offline Senior Member
    All good ideas....could throw in some macadamia nuts or walnuts or almonds too.....
    The life I have today is far better than I deserve.......

M, 56, 6'0
    SW - 192
    CW - 175
    GW - 165-170

Current addiction: ice cream (and sugar in general).....doing battle with it!

notlupus is offline Senior Member
    You could get some fruit leathers if you want a prepackaged carb that's easy to store in the cooler as a backup. Some flavors of canned Progresso are okay room temperature. Those and Larabars are my go-to quick lunches (beef jerky gets too expensive to buy on a regular basis since I'm celiac and can't have most brands but is a good option as well).

You can also get rice paper wrappers and use those to make a sandwich wrap. I'll make them in the morning and if I double up on the wrappers they are still good at lunch after being stored in a cooler.

fillyone is offline Senior Member
    Canned Tuna or Salmon
    Barb - Portland, Oregon

"Everything is as it should be given what has gone before. This is not an excuse but it is a reason"
    ~ Dr G & Barb ~

alleycat is offline Junior Member
    Make a BLT, but instead of bread, get 2 large pieces of chicken (skin on) to hold the "sandwich" all in. I put mayo, mustard, lettuce, tomato and avocado-so good with the chicken and bacon. I found the recipe from Mark's PBP cookbook and modifies it with some extra fixings!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast