Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Food processor recommendation page

Willow16 is offline Member

Food processor recommendation

My trusty, old cuisinart food processor just died while I was making larabars. Does anyone have a recommendation for a reasonably priced food processor that works well? I don't really want to pay over $100 again.

Thanks!

gfresh is offline Junior Member
    Depending on what you're looking for, the magic bullet might be a good fit. It's good at making individual smoothies and sauces, and makes a mean pesto or salsa. If you've got the cash, go with the Vitamix. They ain't cheap (300-500), but man do they blend!

lemontwisst is online now Senior Member
    The vitamix is ass for making things like larabars. Oh, it'll do it well enough, but digging processed date/nut paste out from under razor sharp blades is a gongshow. The blades don't disassemble from the container without a special tool.
    I have a KitchenAid 3.5 cup mini processor that I use for making stuff like that, I think I paid $40 for it. It makes short work of just about everything...handy for mincing garlic and onions to throw in burgers, chopping peppers for omelets, even making salsa. It crapped out after about 8 months of heavy use, but I got a 2 yr replacement warranty for $10 when I bought it, so they'll keep replacing it until the two years is up.

Thanks for the recommendations!

ciro is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Willow16 View Post
    My trusty, old cuisinart food processor just died while I was making larabars. Does anyone have a recommendation for a reasonably priced food processor that works well? I don't really want to pay over $100 again.

Thanks!
    On my website I have reviewed 10 most-popular Food processors in the budget and middle price range. I am sure you will be able to find one that will meet your expectations and budget. Here is the link: Food Processors Review

Thanks for the link.

Momto3 is offline Senior Member
    I love my Ninja blender/food processor/shake maker.
    Favorite Mark Quote: "I train to play."

June 2010: 168.6 -size 16
    Current: 146.8 - size 10/12
    Goal:135 - size 8

My Journal

constyosousa is offline Junior Member

Cool Cuisinart Prep 11 plus

Quote Originally Posted by Willow16 View Post

Thanks!
    Hi,
    although it is not under $100 I believe the Cuisinart Prep 11 plus is a great investment. It is not much more expensive and it has the pulse and dough features that will not let the motor to overheat and eventually break. This is my favorite in terms of price/quality. If you want to see more reasons why please check here.

Good cookings!

michaellawrencebay is offline Junior Member

Cuisinart DLC-10S 7-Cup

The Cuisinart DLC-10S 7-Cup is a versatile centrifugal food processors on the market today. This machine is a top seller with a high rate when compares to other food processors.

You can get more reviews from this site"<a href="http://thebestfoodprocessors.org">check here</a>

if you need a high quality, convenient machine, the Cuisinart DLC-10S 7-Cup is the best choice.

SpitFire is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I just replaced a shitty Hamilton Beach with the 14 cup Cuisinart. I spent more than I wanted, but MAN, it is worth it! It was $159.99 on Amazon. I seriously love this thing. I used it this morning to make SunButter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast