Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rippetoe's New Article on High-Rep Olympic Lifting page 3

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Yes, I had you on ignore together with the two other Starting Strength evangelists, and it would have stayed that way if I hadn't realized that Rich, Quikky and you still quoted and commented on my postings! So even if I try to ignore you very lost and mistaken guys as much as possible, I still like to have a possibility to a proper “self-defense” if I am going to post on this forum at all...
    "When a person is poor in knowledge then he is rich in ignorance and stubbornness, carefully heeding around the little that he knows ..."
    - Gorbag

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Yes, I had you on ignore together with the two other Starting Strength evangelists, and it would have stayed that way if I hadn't realized that Rich, Quikky and you still quoted and commented on my postings! So even if I try to ignore you very lost and mistaken guys as much as possible, I still like to have a possibility to a proper “self-defense” if I am going to post on this forum at all...
    Why do you post on this forum? Just curious. I'm not sure I understand what you have in common with Primal Blueprint principles.

vincebae is offline Member
    I do not have any "bodybuilding heroes", and doing retarded bulking/cutting is not my cup of tea either! I gained muscle on milk myself from the age of 15, so I am not against that at all, but using excessive body fat as a "method" to lift more is not a good idea unless you are a hardcore power-lifter wannabe. Lifting more is not necessary correlated to real strength either, unless you actually grow de facto muscles in the process. The Rippetoe strategy of making a heavy weight as light as possible by using the whole body, benching with butt contractions, shortening ROM etc. is not the most effective to grow real strength IMO, but it may be effective to cheat up the weight, if thatís important for you...
    I am interested in what you are saying about strength.
    Would you give me a more detail on your philosophy about strength training?
    If you can recommend a book, video or website, that would be great, too

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    for the record, i am not a ss evangelist. I've never done ss. i never will do ss. it actually blows my mind that you can be 51 years old and as ignorant as an 8 year old child. you seriously don't have the first clue when it comes to strength training, you definitely live by the work harder, not smarter mantra (as evidenced by the amount of work you do, with such minimal results) and you throw around words like "retard" without a care for who you may or may not be offending. I've stated this before, and i will state it again. if you go on jumping in to threads and posting offensive names and derogatory comments, i will report you. grow up and act like an adult.
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    What kind of question is that RichMahogany, is this forum a religious cult also? Am I now supposed to confess adherence to the indisputable principles of primal blueprint, and confess my unholy sins that I am in fact a heretic by drinking diet coke and training high volume?
    "When a person is poor in knowledge then he is rich in ignorance and stubbornness, carefully heeding around the little that he knows ..."
    - Gorbag

What kind of question is that RichMahogany, is this forum a religious cult also? Am I now supposed to confess adherence to the indisputable principles of primal blueprint, and confess my unholy sins that I am in fact a heretic by drinking diet coke and training high volume?
    I'm not questioning your right to post here. I'm questioning your motivation. I don't get why you want to. What's the point? What does it do for you?

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    I'm not questioning your right to post here. I'm questioning your motivation. I don't get why you want to. What's the point? What does it do for you?
    dude is a troll in the purest sense of the word. he gets his jollies off of purposely chiming in on topics that he disagrees with, all while calling people names and slamming their beliefs at the same time.
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

diene is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Dude can bust out a set of 20 strict chin-ups at ~220 lbs in his mid-50's. You think he lacks strength endurance?
    I have to say that, as men who are both in their 50s, Gorbag looks much better than Rippetoe.

Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    dude is a troll in the purest sense of the word. he gets his jollies off of purposely chiming in on topics that he disagrees with, all while calling people names and slamming their beliefs at the same time.
    but I wanted to hear him say it...

quikky is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    You can't disagree with something you don't understand. If he actually understood Starting Strength and what Rippetoe advocates and disagreed with it, it would be called a debate. Since he clearly does not understand it, his "disagreements" do not even apply, hence this is just another Gorbacle.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast