Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Banana pancakes so good. page

Bostonbully is offline Senior Member

Banana pancakes so good.

Shop Now
    So this morning I treated myself with a high carb breakfast and it was fantastic. I did the banana smashed up with an egg and a heaping table spoon of almond butter. Tossed in some cinnamon and a touch of nutmeg. Make them small because they are a pain in the ass to flip if you make them too big like I did. Melted some butter on them and absolutly devoured them. Kinda had a banana bread flavor. Thought I would share my experience. If you can spare the carbs and like bananas try these.

Nethru is offline Member
    I think i'll try this on a day where I eat no other carbs!!!! I LOVE BANANAS!

What was your banana to egg ratio?

I found a recipe that said two whole bananas, one egg and a heaping table spoon of almond butter. Smash it all together. You can add more almond butter if you want a different consistency. Cook in a butter coated frying pan or griddle.

spearchick is offline Member
    I like pancakes made with egg, almond butter, natural unsweetend applesauce, and cinnamon...yum, yum...

Tara tootie is offline Senior Member
    I do ricotta pancakes wirgh a bit of coconut flour. And bananas and eggs and stuff.
    Life on Earth may be punishing, but it includes an annual free trip around the sun!

rockstareddy is offline Senior Member
    Add in some dessicated coconut for an even cakier more spongy traditional pancake texture! Amazing! Love these with bloobs and creaaaaaaaaam
    www.healthfreakrevolution.com

No more diets. No more stress. Health made easy. Living made incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by spearchick View Post
    I like pancakes made with egg, almond butter, natural unsweetend applesauce, and cinnamon...yum, yum...

How the heck do you flip that? Adding some coconut flour into the banana recipe like someone said would make it more pancake like and easier to flip, but an applesauce pancake I think would be impossible.

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    I made these this morning, using 2 bananas, 2 eggs, and 2 rounded tablespoons of almond butter, along with a sprinkle of cinnamon and a dash of vanilla. Used too much butter on the griddle at first, so the first batch were much too buttery and didn't brown properly. The awesome thing I discovered is the batter bubbles in the middle the same as SAD pancake batter, so that's when I knew it was time to flip. Mashed the bananas first, by hand, then added the eggs, then the almond butter, etc. I used a very low flame -- simmer setting on my cook top -- and none of them burned. I served with fresh blackberries. Utterly delicious, and who gives a damn about higher carbs, because it's still worlds healthier than SAD pancakes and completely grain free. Nom nom nom!!!

Phil-SC is offline Senior Member
    These are one of my favorite Paleo treats!

Try them with mashed pumpkin instead for a change. Yummy!

gingernut is offline Senior Member
    Oh my...just had to say a big THANK YOU for this! Was really wanting something like this today and they were even better than I possibly imagined they could be...totally hit the spot...and sooooo easy! And even my DH, who can sometimes be funny about things like these wolfed them down and said they were better than our normal (grain free) pancakes!

Am definitely going to try them with pumpkin too.
    Finally uncovering the real me!

My 'Serious Six' journal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast