Thread: The green tea will be staying..... :-) page

Pinot-Girl is offline Senior Member

The green tea will be staying..... :-)

Primal Fuel
    Happy Monday all,

So, I did a week of green tea, and that in turn meant I cut out 2 or 3 cups of coffee, with cream and splenda and coconut oil all of last week. At the same time, I also cut out fruit unless it was the only option for dessert, I ate more fish than meat, and I also had some dark chocolate. I also started taking magnesium as my digestion was sluggish after previously reducing the amount of dairy I ate.

I did have one coffee on Saturday and Sunday but had brown sugar instead of splenda and it was so nice as a treat.

I put on a skirt yesterday and as I zipped it up, I reflected to myself 'my, this feels loose'...........

This morning I measured my self with a string (no measuring tape) and I *think* I've lost 1inch on my hips and 1.5 inches on my waist. I'm still over 30inches on my waist which makes me sad as I used to always have a really flat tummy when I was younger (and I've never had kids)....

I ate some non primal foods yesterday but as this is a lifelong way of life, these things happen, and today, I'm back to my green tea and eggs for brekkie.

The recommendations I received on here which I practiced were:
    • Not to eat the calories / fat in the bullet proof coffee
    • Ditch splenda
    • Avoid fruit

Still not doing the exercise as my injury prevents it, and it's got worse again. Not slept very well for the past few days. I'm still taking pain meds which I understand may not be helping weight loss either. I do walk every day for about 45 mins at least however.

Typical diet last week:
    green tea and 2 or 3 hard boiled eggs for brekkie
    home made meatloaf and home made egg/veggie bake for lunch
    baked salmon (in butter) with veggies (had rice one day too) for dindins
    2-4 squares of Lindt 70% chocolate

Feeling better!!! Long way still to go however. My holiday is in a month's time, so the mission continues..

PG!
    Primal - June 3rd 2013
    Starting Weight - 150lbs
    Current Weight - 150lbs
    Goal Weight - 130lbs
    (Female / 5'4")

MEversbergII is offline Senior Member
    Oh yeah, tea's great. As you can see from my avatar, I am quite the enthusiast. What kind / brand of tea did you use?

M.

Quote Originally Posted by MEversbergII View Post
    Oh yeah, tea's great. As you can see from my avatar, I am quite the enthusiast. What kind / brand of tea did you use?

M.
    It was in fact an old lot of Tetley green tea I had knocking around in my cupboard, and a moment of inspiration last week to get this weight moving.......... 3 months and no shifts, so just making personal adjustments. I think this one is a keeper.
    Primal - June 3rd 2013
    Starting Weight - 150lbs
    Current Weight - 150lbs
    Goal Weight - 130lbs
    (Female / 5'4")

E-gads that stuff is bitter! Try shooting for some good loose greens!

M.

little vase is offline Senior Member
    Wow good for you! I just gave up coffee too, and am loving being able to drink tea all day and night. I do love green but right now my two faves are roasted dandelion root ( so smoky, like an oolong ) and Badia star anise. Neither is technically tea since they aren't made from tea leaves but I call them tea and love them. I use raw honey and sometimes a cinnamon stick and I'm in heaven! I will go have a cup of green tea right now in your honor. Cheers
    be the hair that knots with my hair
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    primal since oct. 1, 2012

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    I credit green tea with kick starting my weight loss about a year ago. After an initial small shift in weight after starting Primal nothing much happened, and my chronic back pain was playing up. I ditched most of my dairy intake to help with the pain/inflammation and subbed my coffee with green tea. Next thing I knew 4 kg just fell right off with little difficulty. Didn't cure my back pain, but I think it helped. I'm a green tea drinker for life now.

butterfly1 is offline Junior Member
    Yum , I love green tea, but do agree with the real leaves suggestion.
    I also drink alot of mint green tea which gives me that lovely minty taste with the goodness of green tea. Once you drink tea from leaves you will never go back, I promise!

We have another tea-thread, in case you guys missed it: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread84070.html

M.

Hey guys,

thanks for the feedback. I'm not sure there has been a shift on the scales yet, but I'm deffo feeling skinnier round my middle - wish it were more but hey ho!!!

I'm still waiting for the elusive 'whoooooooosh' I keep hearing about - at the same time, I must always focus on the positives, and not the negatives. That goes for life, not just this way of eating / living.

Cheers
    PG!
    Primal - June 3rd 2013
    Starting Weight - 150lbs
    Current Weight - 150lbs
    Goal Weight - 130lbs
    (Female / 5'4")