Thread: Primal Journal ~Pellegrina page

pellegrina is offline Junior Member

Primal Journal ~Pellegrina

Okay, everybody, my very first journal entry! Gearing up to go full-blown primal with my husband on Monday, and I've been easing in and trying to prepare. Just a little background: I'm 46, and a mom to 4 kids, ranging in age from 7 to 23. I've been a waitress for 32 years. I've never been overweight and I've always been health and fitness-oriented. High fat/low carb goes against everything I've ever believed about good nutrition, so the mental shift will be a big one.

I don't own a scale, but I'm 5'5" and I hover around 110lbs. I would love to be stronger and gain a little definition in my arms, legs and abs. My only health issues are arthritis in my hands, feet and shoulders (not sure if it's osteo or rheumatoid), and gum disease. I actually landed here on this site when I was researching diets that may help ease joint pain.

I don't eat much jumk to begin with and today was a fairly typical diet for me:

B: bowl of Total with 2% milk, blueberries and Splenda, 2 cups of coffee with milk and Splenda. This type of breakfast will be replaced with primal foods starting Monday. I already bought a bunch of cage-free eggs, and some chicken/apple sausage.

S: half a banana

L: left-over tilapia baked with olives and tomatoes from last night, and a bit of organic brown rice.

S: a handful of raw almonds

S: some snow pea pods with about a tablespoon of Sunbutter

D: Swiss steak with organic steamed broccoli. I normally would have made couscous or smashed potatoes to go with this meal, but left it out, and we didn't even miss it! I had an extra piece of steak instead.

Lots of water throughout the day, and I'm about to have a cup of Sleepytime tea with raw honey.

I get a lot of walking exercise at work (I work at a Chili's--oh, the irony!) but I need to start some kind of strength or resistance routine. So that's it for now. Wish me luck, and I'll see you all Monday!

maba is offline Senior Member

Welcome aboard Pellegrina! I saw your post in the intro thread and I thought it was really cute. And good luck to you.

DiabetesCanKissMyButt is offline Senior Member

Welcome!

pellegrina is offline Junior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Now that the challenge is over I just wanted to resurrect my "regular" primal journal that I started when I first joined MDA.

First things first: I am SO PROUD of myself!! I stuck with the challenge and have completely changed my way of eating in just one short month. I know I'll never go back. (That bit of brown rice I wrote about in my first entry was the last grain I had.)

Now that I've got the eating down pat, it's time to work on the fitness. I've barely scratched the surface there. The only thing I do regularly right now is the walking and lifting I do at my waitress job (three shifts a week). Must add weight/resistance training and sprinting!

Now time to go eat my primal breakfast.