Need some advice...I have been very strict paleo for almost 3 years now (including no dairy, except yogurt mentioned below), but for the life of me can't figure out what is going on with the old digestive system. Other than this issue, I feel great (better than any other time in my life!), but this one item has left me very frustrated. Like the last piece of a puzzle I just can't solve.

In short, overall my "movements" are quite soft (I almost NEVER have constipation, quite the opposite, very regular). Not runny, but definitely soft. Seems like the start is ok (sorta firm) most times, but the "finish" is very soft/pasty/sticky and well, er, messy. Thank goodness for toilet paper. If I were a caveman (no toilet paper, maybe some leaves or pine needles though ), I am sure I would be a miserable creature.

I have tried just about everything I can think of to solve this...More veggies, less veggies...More fat, less fat...more carbs (sweet potatoes), less carbs...probiotics (pills, raw vinegar, sauerkraut, yogurt, etc.) nuts, a lot of nuts...some fruit, no fruit...blah, blah...NOTHING seems to make any difference. Consistency is roughly always the same, no matter what/how I eat.

My digestive system seems OK otherwise, with no distress for the most part...Note I do 16/8 intermittent fast 7 days/week (and have done so for about two years now).

Please help! If this is just the way it is supposed to be, and it is not really health issue, but more of an annoyance, fine, I will just live with it. But I have to think this is indicative of some kind of digestive issue.

Thanks for help and sorry for gross topic...But I am desperate!