Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Sorry in advance...Poop questions... page 7

cheryl is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    I had an issue after having my gallbladder removed. Toilet after every meal. I searched high and low, tried digestive aids, yada yada. Finally ran across a post for the same issue. She found taking a calcium pill, can only be the kind made from oyster shell, before eating helped bind the fat in the meal, something like that, and digestion was normal no more bathroom. So I tried different doses, depending on the fat content in the meal, a lot, a full pill, not so high, a half. Works great for me, might help you too.

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by breadsauce View Post
    And now I'm going to start taking Otzi's recommended tapioca or potato flour with kefir
    Please ensure you use unmodified potato starch. It's the common kind. There are some pregelled versions and also potato flour--not the same thing as potato starch! Tapioca starch is also called tapioca flour--it's same thing. 1-2TBS/day, most days, seems to do the trick. More is not better, especially above 4TBS.

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    Please ensure you use unmodified potato starch. It's the common kind. There are some pregelled versions and also potato flour--not the same thing as potato starch! Tapioca starch is also called tapioca flour--it's same thing. 1-2TBS/day, most days, seems to do the trick. More is not better, especially above 4TBS.
    Thanks for that. I have tapioca flour in my cupboard which I will use until I am able to buy potato flour. I will make sure it is unmodified! I note that in the list of suitable starches in Free the Animal, that tapioca starch is bottom of the list. So I will try to get potato or plantain flour during the coming week.

BananaLeaf is offline Member
    I would like to thank Otzi for the resistant starch suggestion. It seems to be working for me. I have been taking 1 tbsp of potato or tapioca starch in my morning orange juice. Neither the potato or the tapioca affect the taste of the juice, but I have a slight preference for the potato starch because it is not quite as chalky. The very slight amount of chalkiness is not enough to ruin the orange juice for me, so I will definitely be keeping this as part of my morning routine. For what it's worth, I also highly recommend the Squatty Potty!

rkm
    rkm is offline Junior Member
    BananaLeaf...Great to hear it is working for you. How long before you started seeing difference?

I have been doing for one week now and have noticed NO difference at all. Discouraging. Will try one more week then will go for the chia seed recommendation.

BananaLeaf is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rkm View Post
    BananaLeaf...Great to hear it is working for you. How long before you started seeing difference?

I have been doing for one week now and have noticed NO difference at all. Discouraging. Will try one more week then will go for the chia seed recommendation.
    I've been taking it for 5 days now and I have had a morning BM 3 days in a row, so I guess it took 2 days to kick in. Normally every few days I get really blocked up to the point where my entire abdominal area feels full and tender. I have avoided that so far since taking the starch. I sure hope it keeps up.

biko is offline Senior Member
    Eating more and chewing really well seems to improve my BM's a little.
    Will get tapioca today, see what happens.

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by biko View Post
    Eating more and chewing really well seems to improve my BM's a little.
    Will get tapioca today, see what happens.
    Make sure it's tapioca starch or flour--not pearls. Pearls are precooked and gel instantly in water, starch/flour will retain it's graininess in cold water--that's what you are after.

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    I have found potato flour and am trying that - I cant find potato starch? I'm in the UK - perhaps potato flour here IS starch? Anyway, I'm using a mix of ground chia seeds, potato flour and tapioca flour. It seems to be working well.....

biko is offline Senior Member
    Make sure it's tapioca starch or flour--not pearls. Pearls are precooked and gel instantly in water, starch/flour will retain it's graininess in cold water--that's what you are after.
    Thanks, just in time, store didn't carry any tapioca, off to other store, no pearls.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast