Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Sorry in advance...Poop questions... page 6

otzi Guest

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by quikky View Post
    I don't want my poop bulky. I want sculpted, chiseled poop.
    I want poop that can do my tax returns, or write a novel.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Bifcus is offline Senior Member
    OP, you didn't list dairy free as one of the things you tried. The microscopic colitis family can usually be managed by 100% removal of problem foods. The most common problems are gluten, dairy and soy in that order. You usually need to be 100% free of all your problem foods.

The diet you listed earlier suggested you were gluten free, but not dairy or soy free. Note that chocolate often contains soy lecithin as well as dairy. If you are after a quick fix, try removing these three items from your diet 100% -check supplements and cosmetics for unexpected sources - and see how you go. You can continue to take the potato/tapioca starch/chia seeds etc.

rkm
    rkm is offline Junior Member
    Hello Bifucus...Thanks for feedback.

Indeed, I am gluten and soy free. And, up until the start of my little "experiment" this week (potato starch), I was 100% dairy free with the exception of grass-fed butter. Of course I started consuming yogurt this week, but my issue existed without the yogurt.

Do you think the butter could be an issue? Please don't take away my butter!

biko is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    I want poop that can do my tax returns, or write a novel.
    This guy who used to do my taxes turned out to be a piece of sh!t, you want his address?

yankfade is offline Junior Member
    I have a similar problem to OP. I've been taking about 1TBS of tapioca starch (had some at the back of my cupboard) for the last few days and have definitely noticed an increase in gas with no improvement in poo quality so far. I will certainly give it some more time, but I just wanted to share my experience.

Also, the bag of tapioca starch that I have is open and kind of old (sell by date is 5/2013). It had been stored in a larger ziplock bag. Does tapioca starch go bad? Looks and smells fine, but maybe I should get a new bag?

Edit: Just noting that I've been taking the tapioca starch along side my daily glass of homemade kombucha. I started making kombucha about a month ago and has seemed to help with this problem, but hasn't solved it all the way.
    Last edited by yankfade; 08-30-2013 at 10:44 AM.

Zanna12 is offline Junior Member
    Have you tried eliminating eggs? I had to stop eating eggs to help my gut heal.

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by yankfade View Post
    I have a similar problem to OP. I've been taking about 1TBS of tapioca starch (had some at the back of my cupboard) for the last few days and have definitely noticed an increase in gas with no improvement in poo quality so far. I will certainly give it some more time, but I just wanted to share my experience.

Also, the bag of tapioca starch that I have is open and kind of old (sell by date is 5/2013). It had been stored in a larger ziplock bag. Does tapioca starch go bad? Looks and smells fine, but maybe I should get a new bag?

Edit: Just noting that I've been taking the tapioca starch along side my daily glass of homemade kombucha. I started making kombucha about a month ago and has seemed to help with this problem, but hasn't solved it all the way.
    As long as the tapioca starch is dry, it should last forever. If it gets damp and clumpy I'd get some new stuff.

yankfade is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    As long as the tapioca starch is dry, it should last forever. If it gets damp and clumpy I'd get some new stuff.
    Cool, thanks.

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rkm View Post
    Quick update...Been doing the recommended 1TBS potato starch (mixed in yogurt) since Monday and have seen absolutely zero difference. Maybe just need to give it more time? Should I increase starch dosage?

Thanks
    First, thanks for starting this thread! I've had the same problem as you since late teens, gradually worsening until by late 50's mornings had to be spent at home! Nothing worked, though paleo made me feel so much better in other ways.

1 week ago I read about chia seeds, soaked, so I've been grinding 2 teaspoons of chia seeds and mixing with milk kefir or water, leaving to thicken and then drinking the jellied stuff! The result is MIRACULOUS! I shall be able to go abroad again! (Airports in the morning were not possible!)

And now I'm going to start taking Otzi's recommended tapioca or potato flour with kefir - I'm sure with this, in time I'll be able to ditch the Chia seeds. Magic!

Thanks again for posting, and for all the wonderful replies.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast