Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Favorite places to live? page 3

Seaglassgreen is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Thanks guys, this is great

Anyone know anything about Charlottesville, VA?

Goal: Feel good, be active!

JeffC is offline Senior Member
    Think college towns. I spent a weekend in Asheville and loved it. My wife went to VT and I have hence been to Blacksburg several times. It is kind of isolated but very inexpensive and has a lot to offer given the large university presence. Charlottesville (UVA) may also be nice but I'd avoid the DC area where I live--crappy weather and terribly overpriced like much of California where I also used to live (in both So Cal and Nor Cal) and agree that for long termers it is cheap but newcomers get screwed on property taxes and a lot of other things.

If I could I would just immigrate to Vienna, Austria, it always ranks high on charts of places to live and after spending some time there as a student I agree.

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Pacific NW (Portland area) is awesome. Hiking, fun city, beach and mountain an hour away.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Last edited by magicmerl; 08-25-2013 at 07:23 PM.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Being an RN puts you on the skills shortage list for NZ. If your partner is also on that list, you guys would be a shoo-in for residence.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    FWIW, you can actually check the immigration web sites of any country that interests you and find out if they have visas available for you. If you are under 30, you could spend a year or two in most countries in the world under work-travel visa schemes.

Seaglassgreen is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    That would be amazing, to spend some time abroad. I wonder if they would probably want a nurse with some experience though... I'll need a lot of orientation for my first job. It's a great idea for in a year or two though

Goal: Feel good, be active!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123