Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Why aren't vegetarian s obese? page

paradīzio is offline Junior Member

Why aren't vegetarian s obese?

Hi guys, I fallow the primal blueprint for sometime now and I'm so happy with the results, never the less I find indisputable biochemical arguments in favour of the model. However this question can't stop hunting me - why aren't vegetarians obese. They eat mainly grains and starches and yet they are not obese and most of the vegetarians I know are not even skiny fat. All that carbo is supose to skyrocket their insulin, and there for - all additional should be turned into trigliceryds and stored as fat.Yes the all look sick and foggy minded but not obese. This is even their main argument - "I am skiny and I feel very light thats why I become vegetarian". I am strugaling to get this straight

loafingcactus is offline Senior Member
    There are plenty of obese vegetarians, what are you talking about?
    “In God we trust; all others must bring data.” W. Edwards Deming
    Blogging at http://loafingcactus.com

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    "Skyroketing" insulin does not mean fat storage. It's all about how much one eats. Good carbohydrates are absolutely necessary. With that said most grains and all seed oils are best avoided for the sake of long term health.
    Wow, a poster from Bulgaria! Cool!

loafingcactus is offline Senior Member
    Like, here... About a quarter of Swedish vegans and vegitarians are overweight or obese- Risk of overweight and obesity among semivegetarian, lactovegetarian, and vegan women

I didn't need a study to tell me that, I can just look around me, but there is one.
    “In God we trust; all others must bring data.” W. Edwards Deming
    Blogging at http://loafingcactus.com

I'm pretty sure OP was referring to specific group of vegetarians that he/she knows.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I'm pretty sure anyone whose first post at a primal/paleo board is about vegetarians is related to a troll.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    I'm pretty sure anyone whose first post at a primal/paleo board is about vegetarians is related to a troll.
    That may well be true. It's still a legitimate question imo.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, maybe if it were true. And if skinny was the one true measure of health.

How 'bout this as a generalization? Some vegetarians are thin because their food sucks, so they don't eat a lot of it.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Wildrose is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Graycat View Post
    I'm pretty sure OP was referring to specific group of vegetarians that he/she knows.
    If that's so, it's likely because they eat whole foods as opposed to processed crap. Or they may be genetically blessed.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    If a vegetarian overeat lots of dirty vegan food, such as cakes and cookies, he may look like shit, and the same goes to the paleo crowd; if overeating bacon, oils, lard and bulletproof coffee they may look like shit also! Eating the majority of clean unprocessed food will keep vegetarians healthy, especially if they eat some eggs/fish and diary together with all their fruit and vegetables…
    Being just an old fashioned guy myself; I’m beyond tired of all these fragile mama boys (and girls!) with powder in their gluteus and soft pillows under their arm pits that cannot recover from their 3 days a week abbreviated “strength” routine…

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast