Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Why aren't vegetarian s obese? page 13

Zach is offline Banned
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Yeah. Which it doesn't. Meat mostly causes awesomeness.
    Well i disagree a bit. I think CAFO meat is probably a huge cause of cancer when ate in excess (High pufa, toxins, iron). Although people eating high amounts of CAFO meat are probably also eating high amounts of other cancer causers like seed oils, GMO/pesticide grains, heavy metals, etc.

But yea, theres no way in hell that animal products cause cancer in general.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Well i disagree a bit. I think CAFO meat is probably a huge cause of cancer when ate in excess (High pufa, toxins, iron). Although people eating high amounts of CAFO meat are probably also eating high amounts of other cancer causers like seed oils, GMO/pesticide grains, heavy metals, etc.

But yea, theres no way in hell that animal products cause cancer in general.
    Well, I'm no advocate for the factory farming system or its products, but I have yet to see any evidence of a causative relationship between fresh, unprocessed CAFO meat and cancers.

Regardless, we are in agreement that on the most basic level, it's healthier to eat well animals than sick ones. And better to eat foods that come from a farm than ones that come from a factory. And if you eat well-sourced, whole foods, better to eat animals and their products some of the time than to exclude them entirely.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Red meat causes the feeling of "awesomeness" mainly due to high amount of creatine and iron, but that can be supplemented...

Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Red meat causes the feeling of "awesomeness" mainly due to high amount of creatine and iron, but that can be supplemented...
    Of course. It's always better to get nutrients from a jar than from real food...

Maybe it's not very wise to eat red meat every day for breakfast, lunch and dinner to feel "awesomeness", so then we supplement a little...

Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Maybe it's not very wise to eat red meat every day for breakfast, lunch and dinner
    Why not?

lea
    lea is offline Senior Member
    @leida, vegetarians/vegans are a self selected group, so I think that might be a correlation is not causation...

Did you guys know there are a bunch of wild cows on a pasture somewhere called chillingham? Kind of cool looking!
    Www.chillinghamwildcattle.com

Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Why not?
    Something's bad about excess of red meat, which has been known for a very long time! What exactly it is I can not say for sure, but one hypothesis is linked to Carnitine...

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lea View Post
    Did you guys know there are a bunch of wild cows on a pasture somewhere called chillingham? Kind of cool looking!
    Www.chillinghamwildcattle.com
    Thanks for the link, an interesting read.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213