Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Why aren't vegetarian s obese? page 12

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    But healthy looking vegans have much more fun though:

"When a person is poor in knowledge then he is rich in ignorance and stubbornness, carefully heeding around the little that he knows ..."
    - Gorbag

Legbiter is offline Senior Member
    Met a vegan dude today.

He looked like he had AIDS.

70in2012 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Legbiter View Post
    Met a vegan dude today.

He looked like he had AIDS.
    Humans always surprise me with their capacity for hate and kindness, dished out when convenient!
    Few but ripe.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    I thought a guy at work had cancer. Nope. Vegan.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

70in2012 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    I thought a guy at work had cancer. Nope. Vegan.
    Makes sense.
    If he indeed had cancer, he most likely would have been an avid meat eater. Perhaps of the kind that wolves down pigs for breakfast.
    Few but ripe.

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 70in2012 View Post

Makes sense.
    If he indeed had cancer, he most likely would have been an avid meat eater. Perhaps of the kind that wolves down pigs for breakfast.
    How does your argument even make sense? Kg obviously said "nope" his colleague isn't affected with cancer. His colleague's demeanor is most likely due to veganism.
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    How does your argument even make sense? Kg obviously said "nope" his colleague isn't affected with cancer. His colleague's demeanor is most likely due to veganism.
    Hes saying meat causes cancer.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Yeah. Which it doesn't. Meat mostly causes awesomeness.

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    But the person in question didn't have cancer so his stab at meat is purely hypothetical...
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Leida is offline Senior Member
    That study linked on pg 1, actually shows that lactovegetarians do the best (25% overweight/obese vs 40% overweight/obese among the meat-eaters). So, question is if lactovegetarian diet is the best for women?

Results: The prevalence of overweight or obesity (BMI ≥ 25) was 40% among omnivores, 29% among both semivegetarians and vegans, and 25% among lactovegetarians. In multivariate, adjusted logistic regression analyses, self-identified vegans had a significantly lower risk of overweight or obesity [odds ratio (OR) = 0.35; 95% CI: 0.18, 0.69] than did omnivores, as did lactovegetarians (OR = 0.54; 95% CI: 0.35, 0.85) and semivegetarians (OR = 0.52; 95% CI: 0.43, 0.62). Risk of overweight or obesity remained significantly lower among lactovegetarians classified on the basis of the food-frequency questionnaire (OR = 0.48; 95% CI: 0.30, 0.78).

Conclusions: Even if vegetarians consume some animal products, our results suggest that self-identified semivegetarian, lactovegetarian, and vegan women have a lower risk of overweight and obesity than do omnivorous women. The advice to consume more plant foods and less animal products may help individuals control their weight.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast