Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fainting spells page 3

raikay is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by stephlowen View Post
    Has he been to see a cardiologist? My daughter has the same issues. She has had every test known to man but the only thing that they can determine is that she naturally has a pretty low blood pressure and it randomly drops too low causing the fainting. She takes blood pressure pills now to raise hers to a normal rate...
    My daughter has also had this issue. She's done tilt table tests, multiple heart monitors, EKG's, bloodwork, scans, they decided it was vasovagal syncopy, essentially a generic term for fainting from low blood pressure.

We were advised to increase her electrolytes as well as salting everything that goes into her mouth, give her coffee (caffeine without resorting to sodas), and anything even rumored to raise blood pressure. After a few months of this I started her on a barely more than bodyweight strength program that she could do at home and it seems to be helping a lot. She hasn't fainted now in a few months where last year she was missing 2-3 classes a week from randomly fainting at school walking between classes. Plus she actually likes exercising now because she can feel a difference!
    Every moment of life does not have to be perfect to be of value --Winnie Dalley

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

stephlowen is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by raikay View Post
    My daughter has also had this issue. She's done tilt table tests, multiple heart monitors, EKG's, bloodwork, scans, they decided it was vasovagal syncopy, essentially a generic term for fainting from low blood pressure.

We were advised to increase her electrolytes as well as salting everything that goes into her mouth, give her coffee (caffeine without resorting to sodas), and anything even rumored to raise blood pressure. After a few months of this I started her on a barely more than bodyweight strength program that she could do at home and it seems to be helping a lot. She hasn't fainted now in a few months where last year she was missing 2-3 classes a week from randomly fainting at school walking between classes. Plus she actually likes exercising now because she can feel a difference!
    My daughter is in cheer and I have noticed that she has been able to come off of the medication since they are back to practices multiple days a week and gym time. I tried the salt thing but she really does not like the taste of salt. Her pediatrician said that it is a somewhat common thing in teenage girls who are thin. Hopefully this is something that she grows out of...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123