Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stomach pain after eating page

Stomach pain after eating

Shop Now
    Hi All,

I have been paleo since Dec 2010 and nothing really changed (I stopped getting a runny nose all the time though!). Recently though (the past 1-2 months) I have been experiencing stomach pain and bloating much worse than ever. I can't work it out so was looking for your help!

I think I've ruled out a lactose intolerance, I haven't had any dairy for over two days and still have symptoms and in the past I drank around 6 pints of whole milk a day for about 5 months with no problems.

This has been my diet over the past few days (typical of the past 2.5 years)...

Mon
    7:30
    Cheese omelette and Rooibos tea with almond milk
    Pear, raspberries and clotted cream

8:30
    Stomach pain and bloating

9:15
    An orange

12:30
    Chicken (one breast) and homemade veg soup (made with the stock from the chicken)

3:40
    Almond butter and Nakd bar (they're just dates and nuts cold pressed together, dairy, gluten and soy free mmm!)

6:10
    Glass of water kefir

9:00
    Prawns, tomatoes, courgette and parmesan

9:30
    Bloating

9:30
    Glass of water Kefir
    Berries, almonds, seeds, clotted cream and almond milk

Tues
    Chicken and cheese omelette (woke up feeling bloated)
    Raspberries, blueberries, almonds, seeds, raisins and almond milk

12:20
    Beef and coconut curry with butternut squash
    (bloated and sick soon after, but maybe I just ate too much hmm)

3:15
    Nakd bar

4:30
    Nakd bar with almond butter

6:10
    Glass of water kefir

7:00
    Cheese burgers x2 and roasted kale

8:40
    Bloated and sick

Wed
    Scrambled eggs, Berries, banana, almonds, seeds, clotted cream and almond milk
    Rooibos tea

8:40
    Sick and bloated

11:00
    An orange

12:30
    Coconut and beef curry

1:30
    Sick and bloated

3:30
    small pot of cottage cheese

6:00
    Glass of water kefir

7:40
    Beef chilli, broccoli and parmesan

Thurs
    8:10
    3 scrambled eggs and tongue

8:25
    Banana

9:40
    Almond butter

12:15
    Beef casserole with tomatoes, broccoli and carrots

7:55
    Glass of kefir
    Leftover chilli and veg from last night
    Blueberries, raspberries, almonds, seeds, almond milk and honey

11:00
    Tongue omelette

Today
    10:00
    3 eggs, gammon and pineapple

12:00
    Nakd bar and mint tea

3:00
    halibut and french fries

4:00
    Mint tea

Tuna and sweet potato fish cakes with avocado and fried onions

8:00
    Strawberries, raspberries, almonds, seeds, almond milk

9:00
    Pain and bloating (then on here to type this)

Thanks for reading and for your advice,

Gary

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Cheese?? All the meals in which you had cheese you are sick and bloated.

Journal: www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread87464.html
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

labmonkey is offline Senior Member
    I've been primal for 18months. I feel bloated and pain in my gut from consuming these items too many days in a row:
    Eggs
    Coconut milk
    Avocados

The coconut milk has been worse though. I didn't have any for over a week, try some on paleo granola, bam. Sharp gut pain. I haven't touched it since. No issues with eggs and avos if I eat every other day. I think I've gain some sort of intolerance for them. Not uncommon from my research

reallygravity is offline Senior Member
    Totally cut out all dairy (yes, includes cream and cheese!) and go easy on the nuts.

Thanks for the replies. Turquoisepassion, some kind of cheese/diary seems to be before most cases and Labmonkey coconut milk and eggs seem to be common as well!

I'm sensitive to 50% of my diet haha!

Reallygravity, until I typed all that I didn't realise how much almond I've been eating as well as dairy!

So here's a bit of an update. I decided that the seeds etc where the newest thing to my diet so I cut them out last week. Things have been going a little better with less bloating however...

This morning I had coconut flour pancakes with fried banana and bacon and bam my stomach was like a balloon minutes after!

Now i'm stuck, i'm fine after a cheese omelette so I'm guessing it isn't the cheese or eggs.
    I've never had a problem with eating bananas.
    I didn't have bacon all last week and had bloating so it mustn't be that.
    I eat raw coconut and don't have any bother.

The only thing out of the ordinary was coconut flour but that wouldn't explain all the other occasions unless it was a fibre problem maybe??

Thanks again,

Gary

jammies is offline Senior Member
    I would cut all eggs, nuts, nightshades, and dairy for two weeks to see if it helps. Coconut flour causes issues for lots of people as well. If you are good at two weeks, then try adding them in one at a time.

Other things to look in to: FODMAPS sensitivity, probiotics, and low stomach acid.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    I've found that coconut flour really bloats me because it has a lot of fiber and is hard on my stomach.

I now use regular gluten-free flour the rare times I want a baked good (once every 1-2 months or so).

Maybe you will do better with pancakes made with just bananas and eggs? There are recipes with just those 2 ingredients on the web.
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Drumroll is online now Senior Member
    Part of it could be due to the frequency at which you eat. People talk about the weightloss, body composition, and autophagey benefits of IFing, but one major advantage to IFing in my experience has been almost no feeling of bloating. Even AFTER my one HUGE meal of the day!

On days I don't IF, even when everything I eat is 100% primal, I feel a bit bogged down and bloated. Just my experience though, so take it for what it's worth (not bloody damned much).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast