Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Frightened - Fitness Mag cover photos page

Knifegill is online now Senior Member

Frightened - Fitness Mag cover photos

Shop Now
    I walked by the magazines and saw an anorexic runner on a cover, face emaciated, bony sticks for arms, the whole bit! They had photo-shopped it a bit, I'm sure - but this was a photo of a dying person decked out in running gear and being used a some kind of standard! Is this the kind of look some people are trying to attain? Are people frustrated that they can't look sick and starvy while eating lots of real food? I'll bet that skeletor is still trying to lose ten more pounds, too! This is madness. I hope to hell people aren't coming in here and thinking they should aim for skeletor.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Ha ha marathon runners look like fruitarians. Like skeletons dipped in wax. Gives me the heebies and the jeebies.

Mr. Anthony is offline Senior Member
    Whenever someone tells me they want to start running to "get in shape" I cycle through pics of marathoners, like an eye doctor.

"Which one looks better? This one? Or me? Thiiiis one? Or me? This one?"

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Ha ha! Perfect.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Yeah...
    Serious distance runners either seem scary bony or skinny fat. They just don't get nice asses or upper bodies.
    Sprinters though.... good night they look amazing.
    Most seem to enjoy what they do though.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Jefferson1775 is offline Senior Member
    In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

Ripped is offline Senior Member
    I don't think that is the look people are trying to attain. I don't think so? I'm sure a lot of people think distance running will help them lose weight, and it will, and I don't think that's a bad thing for people who are in need of losing weight to begin with. The extreme case is with the actual competitors who are pushing their bodies to extreme. I think they probably gravitate towards it because they are good at it. And at least I don't think that's the look most people are looking for. But like I said, if one is already obese, I'd much rather see them doing ANY activity as opposed to sitting on the sofa and eating all day. As a side note, if anyone actually wants to look like that, then they are sick.

But this is another thing that makes you take a second look at things. What about all the super freaky 275 lb bodybuilders that are all on drugs that you see in the magazines? One of the reasons why many (not all) men turn to working out, because they want to look good. A lot of guys are attracted to that, because they want muscles, it's masculine. But what they, especially kids, don't realize is that being THAT big is unnatural and impossible to attain without drugs, and actually repulsive to women.

With that being said, it's the supplement companies that fund the magazines. And do you think they really care about their customers? NO!!! They sell products that don't work. The magazines pretty much sell an idealism that is unrealistic, disgusting, unachievable without drugs, unhealthy and actually very harmful to one's health.

My point is? All the companies pushing stuff like this, they don't care at all about YOU or what's good for you. They only want your money. And it's an unfortunate thing because it results in people having unrealistic ideas about what's healthy for them or what would be a good weight for them. And that's a problem. Why? How can you have any REAL success of you don't have a clue what's a good and healthy weight to begin with? You might as well be driving down the road and picking any place to turn because you don't know where you're going.

Ripped is offline Senior Member
    PS.
    I guess that's what primal is all about. Being healthy. And that IS a good thing. And I think one important thing people should know about health is, what is a truly good and healthy weight for yourself. I've become a big believer that one should be relentless about it.

But nobody actually does it. Anorexics are unrealistic. And so are a lot of fatties. "Hi, I'm 6' and 80 lbs, but I think I'm a fat slob." "Hi I'm 5'8" and 250 lbs, but I'm not really that fat, I'm chubby, and besides it's genetics anyways. And on top of that, Ronald Mcdonald kidnapped me in NYC and forced me to consume 5 bigmacs and a 32 oz of soda. It's not my fault."
    Right!!!

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Of all the athletes, female high jumpers have the best bodies imo.

"I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Of all the athletes, female high jumpers have the best bodies imo.

She looks pretty skinny (too skinny imo). Not swimmers then?
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast