Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 100% Primal but not losing body fat page

Shellwadd is offline Junior Member

100% Primal but not losing body fat

Shop Now
    Hey guys, gripe of the day....

Been holding this one close to chest for a few months now so tonight's the night for sharing.... Feels very narcissistic doing this as try not to get too caught up in body image but very hard not to when you're trying so hard to get to your goal weight... I'm 5"9 and currently weigh in at 136lb, my fighting weight is 126lb so the goal is only 10lb but OMG I've been trying to get this last 10lb of for nearly a year!!!
    I've been Primal for over 3 years and love it. In my teenage years I used to be a fatty and spent years trying to get out of the bingeing cycle and this way of life really had kicked it to the curb, however a little while ago I fell off the wagon big-styleee and spent the best part of a week solidly secretly eating.... When i finally managed to pull myself out of it was not only thoroughly ashamed of myself, I'd put on a stone of pure fat. Everywhere!

So, here's what I eat....

IF for 16 hrs each day till 11am (evening meal eaten @ 7pm)

- 4 egg omelette (or 4 eggs scrambled)
    - Loadsa decaf organic coffee with whole milk throughout the day
    - loadsa water throughout the day
    - meat or fish with very few bits of steamed broccoli/carrots
    Or homemade coconut curry
    Or homemade chicken soup

-more decaf coffee/water

Average calorie per day = 1000 cals
    Average carb per day = 10g
    I walk 4-5 miles a day every day

That is it. No 85%choc, no nuts, no fruit, no dairy (apart from milk in coffee) there's nothing I can eliminate and I can't load up on these things because if I do it triggers binge attacks...

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Pictures? You are probably already at a healthy weight.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

drjoyous is offline Senior Member
    5'9" and you want to be 126#???
    that's wayyyy thin, which is probably why your body is resisting. What's your body composition (BF)? That's a better indicator than weight for what is going on.
    FWIW, I'm 58 yo, 5'7" 127# and 17% body fat. I can't imagine what 2 inches taller at that weight would do to me...

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    You're underweight and eating starvation levels of food and you can't figure out why your body doesn't want to freely liberate its energy stores?

Greenbeast is offline Senior Member
    holy moley, 1000 cals! mental low eating

lovestye is offline Junior Member
    yes, I can't imagine what 2 inches taller at that weight would do to me,thanks

eig
    eig is offline Senior Member
    You binge because you're starving. Eat a normal amount of food for your height, lift weights, walk around/hike. That will get you looking leaner than starving, and you may not need to weigh 126lbs after all! Check this out to find out how many calories you should be eating. I suspect you should be eating twice what you eat. Although I think your goal is low, starving yourself there is never going to work. I know, I've tried.
    "...You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve. -Ginny

My story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/i-now...#axzz2MzPtxo00

drjoyous is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eig View Post
    You binge because you're starving. Eat a normal amount of food for your height, lift weights, walk around/hike. That will get you looking leaner than starving, and you may not need to weigh 126lbs after all! Check this out to find out how many calories you should be eating. I suspect you should be eating twice what you eat. Although I think your goal is low, starving yourself there is never going to work. I know, I've tried.
    Excellent advice...

Primal Kas is offline Member
    I'm new to this lifestyle, but it would appear to me that your body and your desire do not agree on what's going on...you should probably eat more not less and incorporate a more rounded fitness plan (nothing over the top). Health isn't only about how much you weigh or look, but more how you feel and how much energy you have through your day.

Shellwadd is offline Junior Member
    Thanks you to all that posted comments, really helpful - you're all totally right, I've gotten so caught up in trying to get to my goal weight I've forgotten the basics!!!
    Can now see the wood for the trees on this. i've upped my cals to 1500, dusted off me Pilates Matt and hidden my scales. I'm really grateful for the time you've spent replying to this 😁👍

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast