Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 100% Primal but not losing body fat page 2

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shellwadd View Post
    Thanks you to all that posted comments, really helpful - you're all totally right, I've gotten so caught up in trying to get to my goal weight I've forgotten the basics!!!
    Can now see the wood for the trees on this. i've upped my cals to 1500, dusted off me Pilates Matt and hidden my scales. I'm really grateful for the time you've spent replying to this ����
    This is how the forums should work. Yay us. We didn't even fight about PUFA sources and dietary carbohydrate content. Woot!

jodi29 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eig View Post
    Check this
    THANK YOU for posting this link! It was very informative for me. Now I know basically where I need to be as far as calories! It told me I need to be at 1,961 total. When I plugged my foods in for the average day, I came up with 1,172. However, I feel satisfied and plan on doing IF for the rest of the day. Is this a problem for me? If I increased my calorie amount to the 1,900, would I be losing fat quicker? I have a desk job and do light to moderate exercise 4-5 days a week.

Not meaning to hijack this thread by any means but am hoping it will help the OP and anyone else reading this as well as myself.

thriveful is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jodi29 View Post
    THANK YOU for posting this link! It was very informative for me. Now I know basically where I need to be as far as calories! It told me I need to be at 1,961 total. When I plugged my foods in for the average day, I came up with 1,172. However, I feel satisfied and plan on doing IF for the rest of the day. Is this a problem for me? If I increased my calorie amount to the 1,900, would I be losing fat quicker? I have a desk job and do light to moderate exercise 4-5 days a week.

Not meaning to hijack this thread by any means but am hoping it will help the OP and anyone else reading this as well as myself.
    What did u set your activity level to on that bmr calculator. Mosy people overestimate their activity. If u are a desk jockey just doing 2-3 worlputs a week, I would use 'sedentary' as the starting point and monitor from there

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    Last edited by thriveful; 08-29-2013 at 11:24 PM.

Shellwadd is offline Junior Member
    Gotta say.. i've been getting up every morning before work and doing a 20 min pilates session, I feel A-MAZING and much more toned already!!! And you're right-weight is same after eating more but I look better.

Good to talk!!!! ;D

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    This is how the forums should work. Yay us. We didn't even fight about PUFA sources and dietary carbohydrate content. Woot!
    I think the OP needs more sugar to fix the obvious thyroid issues
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

jodi29 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thriveful View Post
    What did u set your activity level to on that bmr calculator. Mosy people overestimate their activity. If u are a desk jockey just doing 2-3 worlputs a week, I would use 'sedentary' as the starting point and monitor from there

I set it to the second option - just above sedentary. I try to do 30 min walks @ lunchtime every day and then either a gym or home workout 3-4 days a week.

thriveful is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jodi29 View Post
    I set it to the second option - just above sedentary. I try to do 30 min walks @ lunchtime every day and then either a gym or home workout 3-4 days a week.
    From experience, I would be tempted by the sedentary pption for a couple of weeks, see how you lose, if too quick, ramp the cals back up,

moluv is offline Senior Member
    I'm so proud!

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    You're underweight and eating starvation levels of food and you can't figure out why your body doesn't want to freely liberate its energy stores?
    This.
    Have you read The Primal Blueprint or are you getting what "100% primal is from this forum?

Ālso, iirc in the book Mark talks about intermittent fasting as something to be done occasionally rather than everyday. Ie. If you aren't hungry - skip that meal, if you're out and about and the are no good choices or even not so good choices which you're on with falling into your 20% - skip that meal, you're going on a long flight - skip the crap inflight meal).
    If your not hungry 1st thing in the morning that's fine, but you need to work a way to eat extra food in your day and for a lot of people that's more difficult the shorter the eating window they allow.

My general rule is, when you're hungry easy meal if real food and stop eating when you're no longer hungry (not full or stuffed - unless your goal is weight/muscle gain), if you're not hungry enough to eat a meal of real food don't eat. Ymmv.

I think to many people get caught up in the dietary tweeks discussed in here and don't just give the program as written a go, then find it hard.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

ksrcrider is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    theres a huge problem your only eating a 1000 calories a day!! women should never go below 1200
    Being consistent, gets results...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast