Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats goin' on??? page 17

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Rattybag View Post
    FINALLY!!! Someone with plain and simple advice without aggressive, viscious comments! Thank you Missimia.
    Why cant other people here reply politely like this?

I have butter with my coffee because of what I read when it first came out about it, and I put the cream in my other coffees because I need to keep low carb for seizure control, and this is what my consultant told me to do as cream has lower carbs than milk.
    I cant do IF because of medications.

If I had ANY idea that my question would end up as a verbal 'punch-up' I would never have said anything in the first place and certainly wont ask or reply to anything else on this forum in the future!
    I felt attacked from all sides "eat carbs, dont eat carbs" "cut fat, up protein, carry trees" etc etc etc.
    And yes, I'm middle-aged, menopausal and struggling with my weight, but verbal abuse is uncalled for and hurtful.
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but there are better ways of putting things than some of you have on here!

As Thumper used to say and something to remember, "If you cant say somethin' nice, Dont say nothin' at all!"
    Providing your whole background is necessary when seeking advice. You might want to check out Paleobird's journal as she stays in ketosis for medical reasons as well. I still think, though, that you should stop drinking so much of your food and find ways to stay in ketosis (egg yolk w/o white?) that also provide micronutrients. You are likely missing some nutrients and so your body is unwilling to shed any weight.

L0kI is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    No. No you don't. What you are saying doesn't even begin to make sense. If only a few other people would finally admit to not getting it, we could make some progress on this forum instead of bickering all the time. Thread after thread of hormonally destroyed women who believe their n=1 is gospel is what is actually destroying these discussions. Not someone who advocates 33:33:33 macro splits and things like carb cycling. Telling someone who is stalling on weight loss to eat more nutritionally devoid and calorically dense fat is insanity. Yet choco is the villain
    You're lovely, aren't you? If people would simply indicate that what they are advocating with a particular piece of advice is not aligned with PB, that would help reduce the confusion... 33:33:33 is not what Mark advocates and it does not align with PB... So when Choco / you advocate this to an innocent question, it causes confusion, can you not see this? Perhaps it would be helpful to have a section on the forum dedicated to more advanced nutrition modifications and have a section for people trying to adhere to the prescribed plan as written.

Anyway, with the ridiculous insults flying now, I'm going to bow out... I don't want to infect this lovely Sunday with such vitriol....

ChocoTaco369 is online now Senior Member
    Simply put, if Mark Sisson believes carbohydrates cause metabolic issues, he's wrong. Just completely, inexcusably wrong. That would be an insanely ignorant statement.

Of course, context is important. Let's say the context was that a Type 2 Diabetic shouldn't eat hundreds of grams of high glycemic carbohydrate in a sitting or it could be a recipe for metabolic disaster. Now that could be accurate. But why would anyone want to provide context? We have dogma to adhere to, and facts get in the way of dogma!
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

ChocoTaco369 is online now Senior Member
    Wow, I just read through the last 5 pages. There are some very angry, irrational people in here that cannot write without misrepresenting people.

I think I read three or four different people specifically call me out for promoting a "one size fits all" diet or something like that. I'll ask again:

What is the one-size-fits-all lifestyle I'm promoting? Can anyone please detail my dietary requirements that I promote to every single person on this board? I'd love to hear it.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

moluv is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oxide View Post
    moluv, how many carb grams are you taking in?
    I don't know because all I can see on myfitnesspal is just the calories! Pretty embarrassing to admit but I have deleted that app repeatedly because I can't figure out where the macro breakdown graph is 😳. Also open to suggestions for a better tracker app.

Graycat is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by moluv View Post
    Also open to suggestions for a better tracker app.
    Here is a good one

CRON-O-Meter: Track nutrition & count calories

Timthetaco is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rattybag View Post
    I have butter with my coffee because of what I read when it first came out about it, and I put the cream in my other coffees because I need to keep low carb for seizure control
    Wow, if that was revealed in the first post, this massive bummer of a thread would have turned out a lot differently.

And moluv, I remember you posting a day of eating once. I think you said you went crazy on the fruit that day and ended up at like 400 grams of carbohydrates, mostly from fruit.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    I think it is important to remember that dieting is about context and goals, and while a very low carbs/ketonic diet may not be a healthy long term solution, it can serve “pragmatically” in several situations! Like when coming off a SAD diet and losing weight for sedentary and overweight people. A diet mainly on whole foods and low on carbs can help people diet down and get their addictions to certain processed food under control and help resetting their metabolism by losing weight. Then when issues are clearing up, the dieter leaning out and getting more physically active, then it’s time to reintroduce more “primal” carbs again.

People living a very sedentary lifestyle may also do better on low(er) carbs, - not that I recommend a sedentary lifestyle though…
    "When a person is poor in knowledge then he is rich in ignorance and stubbornness, carefully heeding around the little that he knows ..."
    - Gorbag

moluv is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Timthetaco View Post

And moluv, I remember you posting a day of eating once. I think you said you went crazy on the fruit that day and ended up at like 400 grams of carbohydrates, mostly from fruit.
    Nope wasn't me. I've been fasting the whole week I've been on here and have not tracked macros in years. I have eaten some fruit and rice though before I started fasting.

lea
    lea is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by moluv View Post
    I don't know because all I can see on myfitnesspal is just the calories! Pretty embarrassing to admit but I have deleted that app repeatedly because I can't figure out where the macro breakdown graph is 😳. Also open to suggestions for a better tracker app.
    Are you talking about the iPhone ap? The number of carbs fats protein etc is on the home tab, click daily. Hope that helps! I don't know if the ap has a graph but i think the web version does. I use them mostly because they seem to have a big database. I have downloaded others and deleted because something wasn't available.
    Last edited by lea; 08-25-2013 at 11:53 AM.

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast