Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My wife is giving up... page 3

piano-doctor-lady is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Years ago, if I took lots of Vitamin C and B vitamins, especially pantothenic acid (so good for hay fever, too) I'd get a terrible sick headache.

She could try some ginger tea (made with lemon). Ginger is good against nausea. Or a few drops of spirit of peppermint in a glass of water slowly sipped often makes things better for me if my stomach is upset or I have a mild headache.

Later on, I wondered if it was caused by a yeast die-off.

musajen is offline Junior Member
    Something to also consider is coconut oil. I've found that if I have too much coconut oil, especially if I just scoop a tablespoon of it in my mouth, I get really nauseous and hot and could easily throw up if I let myself.

fit4lifegal is offline Member
    I switched to gummy vitamins - they do contain a few carbs - but they absorb SO much better, and I don't feel sick.

Before PB, I would be sick and nauseous in the morning, if I didn't eat something. Now, I can stir a spoon of coconut oil into my morning coffee w/ heavy cream, and not have a hunger pang or feel sick - I have been AMAZED at the difference.

I can tell you (and her) I didn't change over night... it took a little while for my body to adapt. Afterall, it was years of abuse that got me into poor condition, and I didn't become healthy in one week - but I have made good progress, and even though the scale doesn't drop as fast as I would like it to - I feel so much better!

I wish you and your wife all the best!
    Last edited by fit4lifegal; 06-02-2010 at 07:58 PM. Reason: typo

mcallit is offline Member
    She doesn't eat that much coconut oil.

Thanks for all the responses. I suggested the Women's One-A-Day may be the culprit, and she's a bit skeptical but is willing to give it try. I said to give it a few days and see if she feels better.

Thanks a lot everyone!

invino77 is offline Senior Member
    the vomiting is worrysome. I would see a doctor. it could be an ulcer.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Giving up and going back to a SAD? how will she be better off? Get her to a doc for the throwing up. I personally never experienced ANY discomforts switching to PB, I don't even think I had a carb flu (ate tons of veggies though, maybe that's why) but definitely never any nausea, mild light-headedness when I started fasting but that's about it. Her only other option though, will leave her worse off, she'll put all the weight back on and any progress she made will be for naught. Stay with her, and tell her to stay with it.

pk79 is offline Member
    Find a multivitamin without Iron. Vitamin Shoppe has one, and I think Optimum Nutrition has one. My wife switched and the nausea went away.

alurien is offline Junior Member
    If the multi-vitamin switch doesn't help, she really might want to get her gall bladder checked. Maye a food diary would help determine if it is associated with particular foods? Symptoms can come on suddenly or progress over years- I've had family members undergo gall bladder surgery for both. Whatever the issue is, I hope she's feeling better very soon.

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fit4lifegal View Post
    I switched to gummy vitamins - they do contain a few carbs - but they absorb SO much better, and I don't feel sick.
    Most gummy vites contain so little supplemental nurition that they are best viewed as candy. They tend to have no thiamin or riboflavin (b1 or 2), little to no zinc, no iron, little to no D (though a nice amount of A).

Generally speaking - and unfortunately - they tend not to be a great choice.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    I'd also recommend a different multi (or a half dose of a different multi ) and would also recommend taking it with dinner instead of breakfast.....or whatever is the middle of the largest meal. My 11 yo throws up her vites *every* time if it's not in the middle of a larger meal.

It can be the iron, the zinc, the b vites or just the specific forms of those vites in a particular multi. I really don't like One-A-Day brand multi's - while they at least contain what they say they do, the forms of the vitamins and minerals in them are the poorest quality....poor absorption and poor assimilation are common.

My sig line has the supps that I take somewhere in there.....

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast