Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My wife is giving up... page 2

LX
    LX is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Vitamin D, Vit K, Niacin, CoQ-10, and fish oil. Vitamin C if I think I'm coming down with a cold.

Yeah, I'd go a few days without the multi vitamin and see how that turns out. I'd been taking it for close to 2 months and then all of a sudden it was making me ill.

Pessimist is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LX View Post
    Get rid of the multivitamin. When I was taking a multivitamin (Women's One-a-Day) it made me nauseous to the point of throwing up. I switched to taking a few individual vitamins and it hasn't happened since.
    Just going to echo that One a Day literally makes me vomit, and gives a friend I know nausea.
    The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being proven right or pleasantly surprised.

mdale2 is offline Member
    Chiming in about the One a Day - those things, be it the name brand or CVS/Wags versions make me crazy nauseous. Also fish oil or Vit D can do the same to me when not ingested with food.

I switched over to a lower dose multi, cal-mag-d, and fish oil and take them with meals. No problems and I've been at it for 30 days.

Minxxa is offline Senior Member
    Yup, I third (or fourth) giving up the multi vitamin.

Also, you say she won't make an account here. Has she ever just read the information? I ask because perhaps if she isnt' familiar with the atmosphere here, maybe she's thinking it's very "hard core workout" or even just sometimes mean with a touch of I'm better than you. :-) Forums can often be wierd that way... in fact this is one of the very very few I join in on specifically because it's so different-- i.e. helpful and supportive!

Maybe have her read some stuff with you... some of the girls' journals, or search for a question and see what comes up. She may still not want to do it, but you never know!!
    "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

mcallit is offline Member
    She's read the forum lots of times looking for information and recipes. She's just not a forum person I guess, I don't know what her deal is with it. Maybe when I show her these responses she'll change her mind.

I also know that there are a lot of forums out there with trolls, flamers, and other unhelpful individuals...I'm a member of a few of them, sadly, but this forum is definitely nicer and more forthcoming with information.
    Last edited by mcallit; 06-02-2010 at 09:36 AM.

JamieBelle is offline Member
    I find that the more involved/obsessed I am with my husband's diet/lifestyle/nutrition/exercise/etc, the less interested he is in sticking to anything I would consider remotely healthy.

When I just focus on my own health and leave him alone, he actually gets more self-motivated. I haven't mentioned PB to him in months, and the other day he spontaneously asked me to order him one of the PB posters like I got free with my cookbook.

Roberta is offline Senior Member
    Same for me. One a day vitamins make me vomit too.

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    Women's One a Day makes me puke EVERY time.

BugMan is offline Member
    My wife had to quite taking the One a Day as well. Made her nauseous every time.

LX
    LX is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Geez, I just thought it was me. What the frak are they putting in those Women's One A Days? o.O

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast