Thread: New School Lunches page

spyder is offline Junior Member

New School Lunches

Primal Fuel
    Below is a link to an article from our local newspaper regarding the high school now serving "healthy" food, including grass fed beef.

I am in favor of grass fed beef, but I found this quote disturbing: “For the first time in 20 years, we will serve our students natural grass fed raw patties."

School lunches: Natural and grilled to order
    Last edited by spyder; 08-22-2013 at 02:33 PM.

PinkyT is offline Junior Member
    Wow! The kids in your area are lucky. My teenage son eats from the salad bar every single day in order to stay primal. And, of course, the main course is iceberg lettuce

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spyder View Post
    Below is a link to an article from our local newspaper regarding the high school now serving "healthy" food, including grass fed beef.

I am in favor of grass fed beef, but I found this quote disturbing: “For the first time in 20 years, we will serve our students natural grass fed raw patties."

School lunches: Natural and grilled to order
    I think they just mean not pre-cooked since they go on to discuss having grills out.

spyder is offline Junior Member
    Yeah, I kinda figured they weren't really serving kids raw meat and the fact that they are cooking real food (grass fed or not) is great. The hamburgers they used to serve were pre-cooked in individual plastic wrap that would be microwaved. This is a start in the right direction for the school district.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Oh, I love this. Mostly because some school districts have gone veggie. In years to come, it will be interesting to compare standardized testing of the meat eaters and the veggie eaters.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.