Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: At home excercise for Newbie page

LeahB is offline Junior Member

At home excercise for Newbie

Shop Now
    Hi,

I have just started (in the last week) eating primally, and doing quite well so far!

I was wondering if I could get advice regarding what exercise to do? One of the main reasons I am going primal is because I suffer with various autoimmune diseases and get very tired/ poorly.

At the moment I haven't had any improvement in my health, so still very tired, especially because I work and have a young family. But I do want to start exercising primally. I can't get to the gym and have no equipment at home so was hoping someone might be able to give me some ideas of simple exercises that I can do at home to get started (and hopefully build up to more when my health/ energy improves).

Thanks,
    Leah :-)

Jittery jay is offline Junior Member
    Go on youtube and look up "best 4 week home workout"

vincebae is offline Member
    I recommend to start with Primal Blueprint Fitness.
    I think it is a great program for a beginner.

skotcharu is offline Senior Member
    Do a search on the site (not the forums) for Workout Videos. Great place to start.

I don't belong to a gym. These are my exercises:

Standard push up
    Decline push up
    Offeset push up (one hand on a raised platform)
    Military push up
    Wide arm push up
    Diamond push up
    Dive bomber push up
    Inverted push up
    Squats
    Squat press with 20lbs ball
    Squat push
    Pistols
    Walking lunges with ball
    Bear walk
    Burpees
    Sledgehammer swings (11 bucks frm Home Depot)
    Shovelgloves
    Butter churn
    Pull ups
    chin ups
    Etc...

I'll pick 5 of those and do 3 to 5 sets.

And once a week i do sprints.

This is honestly not close to all the exercises i do. I get my ideas from the videos and the forums.

Muppet is offline Senior Member
    a great place to learn about fitness DVDs is forum.videofitness.com
    there are great people on there that can help you find a program that is right for you. sometimes it is just easier to exercise along with DVDs. and these are not your mother's Jane Fonda DVDs!
    Home birthing legal mama. Unschooler. Jewish Intactivist (step away from the foreskin!). Full-term breastfeeder. Kettlebell padawan.

applepear is offline Junior Member
    I also do all my exercises at home. This is a good way to work out, if you know the right exercises. A nice collection, which is free of charge and for a beginners too: At home training and exercises
    I bought some machines. A weight bench, kettlebells and dumbbells are parts of my equipment. The costs to get them already amortized! A friend of mine visits me and we work out together. This makes it a great time. And he does not have to pay anything for a gym.

My routine:
    jumping jacks 1 set of 15 reps
    jog on the spot for ten minutes
    push-ups 3 sets of 10, 8, 6 reps
    wall sit 2 sets of 30 sec
    mountain climbers 3 sets of 25, 20, 15 reps
    crunches 3 sets of 15, 15, 15 reps
    jogging for 30 minutes

LeahB is offline Junior Member
    Hi all, thank you all so much for your replies! Lots for me to look at, and I am certain something will be useful. I assumed that you would all be at the gym or a crossfit centre, so it's nice to find that others do stuff at home (was worried it might be cheating!)

Will let you know how it goes...

swaz is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for starting this thread! I am a gym member but am thinking of becoming a home gym member instead and putting the $ towards some equipment. Mainly because I have an over use injury and that I am starting to believe that I don't need machines to achieve the goals I want, just body weight. Already have a TRX and basic dumb bell set. Push ups are a real good work out for me at the moment, that is how weak I am haha.

Let us know how you go.

Myrtille is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LeahB View Post
    Hi,

I have just started (in the last week) eating primally, and doing quite well so far!

I was wondering if I could get advice regarding what exercise to do? One of the main reasons I am going primal is because I suffer with various autoimmune diseases and get very tired/ poorly.

At the moment I haven't had any improvement in my health, so still very tired, especially because I work and have a young family. But I do want to start exercising primally. I can't get to the gym and have no equipment at home so was hoping someone might be able to give me some ideas of simple exercises that I can do at home to get started (and hopefully build up to more when my health/ energy improves).

Thanks,
    If you still are very tired, you should maybe start with Taļ chi or yoga simple movements.
    I think you can find some on youtube, and it will raise your energy for you to feel better.
    If you don't feel comfortable with that (youtube might be not enought if you nerver did any yoga or taichi) you can just walk, a little bit more every day.
    But I would not start with fitness exercises too soon.

Strife is offline Member
    I'm still easing my way back into more physical activity and exercise, so my stuff is light and simple.

I walk (usually around my complex twice, which gets me to about 5k steps), I do pullups on my pullup bar (about $40 at Walmart), and I have a 25 lbs dumbbell that I also use (I'd like to supplement it with a kettlebell at some point). I also do wall squats when to keep my legs from going bleh.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast