Thread: How long to see results? page

CactusGirly is offline Junior Member

How long to see results?

Primal Fuel
    I am 5'6, 138lb, 44yo female. I started switched to Primal/Paleo 3 weeks ago and have lost 1lb, and no body fat (per waist to hip ratio test and body fat measurment on scale). My clothes aren't fitting any differently, so my assumption is that my measurements have not changed that much.

I do an intense 1 hour boxing workout 3 times per week, and am lightly active (short walks, recreational swimming, chasing kids) on the other days.

This is what I eat:Breakfast - 2 "egg muffins" (1 egg, spinach, turkey sausage - baked into a muffin shape). Snack - apple. Lunch - Large, mixed vegetable salad with lemon juice for dressing. Lara bar. Snack - 10 almonds. Dinner - chicken breast, steamed veggies. Snack - small bunch of grapes.

Prior to this I was eating a standard low-carb diet that included oatmeal, some rice & potatoes, quinoa and dairy - all of which I have cut out now.

I am feeling pretty tired on this new plan and think I am not getting enough of something, maybe fat?

That's it. Any help would be appreciated.

EatMoveSleep is offline Senior Member
    Doesn't sound like enough food.
    Seems to be low fat intake.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Hi and welcome. It seems you don't have a lot of weight to lose, what is your goal?

You are eating often, with carby fruity snacks. I suspect it might be more useful to drop those and add something extra at meals. All that exercise requires plenty of protein, so maybe add another egg or some grated cheese in your muffin at breakfast, some tuna or chicken at lunch and some olive oil in that dressing, make that chicken drumsticks with the skin instead of the breast, or better still a red steak, drizzle some butter on those veges or roast them in dripping.

Not to go overboard with the calories, but to fuel up your body and then let it run, rather than grazing so often.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    Hi and welcome. It seems you don't have a lot of weight to lose, what is your goal?

You are eating often, with carby fruity snacks. I suspect it might be more useful to drop those and add something extra at meals. All that exercise requires plenty of protein, so maybe add another egg or some grated cheese in your muffin at breakfast, some tuna or chicken at lunch and some olive oil in that dressing, make that chicken drumsticks with the skin instead of the breast, or better still a red steak, drizzle some butter on those veges or roast them in dripping.

Not to go overboard with the calories, but to fuel up your body and then let it run, rather than grazing so often.

Good luck.
    Thanks for the tips. I am trying to lose about 10-13 lbs. I have a very small frame, so 125-127 is my happy weight. I got crazy and went on a couple cruises last year with all you can eat/drink components and padded myself up nicely.

I will try your suggestions of cutting out the fruit and adding in some addl fat/protein.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Good luck I'm sure you can do it. I am 49, 5'4" and your goal weight would be a bit light for me mainly because I think takes more work than it's worth to go that low when I can stop here at 129 and be healthy and happy.

Just another thought - I'm not really an exercise nut at all but I found a weights class in tandem with the primal low carb eating was the perfect combination for me when I was losing. If you have been doing the boxing workout for a long time maybe your body is just used to it and it would help to mix it up a bit by trying something different eg weights or maybe a spin class or something that uses different muscles.

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    You need to eat some steak and be patient. Good things will happen. Seems to occur more quickly for some than others.

Greenbeast is offline Senior Member
    yeah i'd agree and say not enough fat and too much sugar (or rather the ratio is not great)

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks all. I have eliminated the Lara Bars and grapes and added some avocados and coconut oil. I am now down 2.5lbs and 4% body fat in the last week.

I started the boxing workout at the same time I started Paleo, so I am sure my body was in SHOCK as well when the activity level went from low to high (I know my lungs were). There is quite a bit of body weight work in the class, so I am hoping I don't need to add weight training to the mix as I am time crunched as it is right now.