Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Stuck and Frustrated Journal page 4

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by lynelle135 View Post
    Rich,
    You're very late to the party and stirring the pot again for no reason that I can discern other than maybe you have nothing better to do.
    Yup. Not a single better thing in the world. Lucky you.

*Sigh* Nobody's arguing with the "entire internet" so please spare me the ridiculous exaggeration. I was arguing with a handful of people on MDA whose suggestions I don't agree with.
    You were actually lambasting them for trying to be helpful and being extremely angry that their suggestions weren't what you wanted to hear. That's what people took umbrage to, in case you were wondering.

And where is it written that primal = nice and passive and a girl can't stand up for herself in the face of stupidity?
    Where is it written that being bitchy and rude to people who mean to help you will make you any friends? And their suggestions weren't stupid, your refusal to listen to them was.

Hmmm... Plan B looks good actually. You come up with that one on your own?! Wow. Impressive.
    Your call. Hope you enjoy it.

167.2 this morning. A new low. Strictly adhering to the Candida Cure plan.
    Well, I hope you continue to lose pounds despite your terrible attitude

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    Congrats on the new low!
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 27.5

lynelle135 is offline Member
    Spent Saturday kayaking on the Mississippi so missed a few updates.

Saturday - 168.0
    Sunday - 167.6
    Today - 166.4

Still headed in the right direction.

Oh, Rich. You delusional idiot. You actually think that you can make "friends" on a forum located in cyberspace. I do not believe or accept that type of friendship. Can you share information here - yes. But build real, lasting friendships - no. To believe that people you chat with on a computer screen are friends is a sad fallacy. I recommend you get out more...maybe interact with human beings for a change so that you don't rely on an internet forum to fill your friendship void.
    That's an interesting diatribe that has absolutely nothing to do with anything I said.

The only suggestion (provided you actually read my previous posts) that I lambasted was the dogged insistence on fruit. When one's weight is stuck on the same number, as mine has been...it isn't a simple matter of calories in or calories out. It's probably something hormonal or digestion related. In my case, I suspect candida. It needs to be eliminated before the scale will start budging. Ingesting fruit would only feed the candida and further continue to stall me. If you're not familiar with candida, Mark had a link to some info about it last weekend. I tried to be tolerant at first but the poster just wouldn't let up so I blasted him. You probably won't let up either and that's fine. Quibble away. I'm not going anywhere.
    Saying you need to avoid fruit because you identify as "African-American" is an entirely different claim than saying you are trying to kill off Candida by depriving it of sugars. You do realize this? Are you going to "blast" me now?

And you can call me bitchy all you want. It's the only word an unoriginal man like yourself can come up with to describe a woman who doesn't take any nonsense and is focused on the task at hand.
    [/QUOTE]

No, it's the nicer word I chose as a substitute for the one I really think describes you. But I'll tell you about that when I See You Next Tuesday.

Rich, You did bring up "friendship". See your above quote.
    You do realize there's a difference between the expression "not a good way to make friends" and claiming that true friendships are built on an internet forum, right? Are you really that dense, or just being intellectually disingenuous?

And see me next Tuesday? Is that a threat of some kind? Come -- if you dare. You're just some washed up, frumpy, middle-aged guy thats starving for attention on the internet because those of us in the real world have ceased to notice that you even exist. Am I close? Am I hitting close to the mark?
    It's See YOU next Tuesday. Not a threat. Think about it. Really, really hard.

Castle is offline Senior Member
    The fucking fuck fuck. What the fuck is happening here?

And how the hell is that a threat? Would it be a threat if I said that you Can't Understand Normal Things?

Especially those avocados. Pretending to be a vegetable...sneaking in fat instead of sugar...

And we have yet another tool making an appearance in my journal. Hey Castle, I think you know what you can do with your avocados, you butt-muncher.
    Been called far worse than a tool before, babe. You're gonna have to try harder then that.

Casey is offline Member
    Lynelle,

I'm not going to jump in the fray, lol! I want to actually comment in a positive way on your first(ish) thought to give up fruit. I did the same thing.

The truth is, fruit hurts me. It hurts my mouth instantly, and then it creates an insulin spike and turns to pounds UP on the scale. I don't eat it, none of it. Maybe one day when I'm at my goal weight/size I will let myself have a banana or whatever, but you don't NEED fruit and there has been many a case made for a 'zero carb' diet (zero carb is in quotes because there are carbs in veggies, so it isn't absolutely ZERO - disclaimer so I don't get all JUMPED for this comment)

You are very right, that people have to find their own solution. My system (MINE) is such that I eat meat and a few veggies, or I'm gaining weight and back to being miserable.

I'm VERY glad you have lost some pounds recently, and that whatever you are doing is WORKING for you.
    I could see that, if not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. ~P. G. Wodehouse

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast