So I started primal back in July. It's been about a month and a half now I'd say. My diet wasn't awful before, but I def had some tweaking I needed to do. Other than a few days of being starving, it wasn't too painful of a transition. Until it was that time of the month...

I'm going to lay it out for you: Started off pretty normal with some spotting the day before. Usually I have 2 or 3 days of spotting though. This was 1 day maybe and then BAM...full on. And when it started, it was way more intense cramps than I've had in a long long time. They lasted two days!!! The only way I was able to go to work was taking ibuprofen consistently. I didn't know what else to do! Before, my cramps would be failry mild (nothing that would double me over) and they'd last half a day max. Yes, I was lucky.

My normal length: about 3-4 days long. Heavier on the first day and then lightens up progressively until nothing. This time: 6 days long and was heavy for 3 days with super cramps for 2 of them.

The most bothersome part to me was after it was over. Over the next week (after my period was over), I had 3 different times where I would get double-over intense sudden cramping in my abdomen all around to my lower back. The first time, it woke me up in the middle of the night! It lasts about 10 minutes and kind of lightens up/goes away after. Kind of freaked me out!!!!

Has anyone else had those cramps??

I expected my cycle to change a little...just like any time you make lifestyle changes. I didn't expect it to double though and feel worse!