Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Primal Ladies...what is up with Aunt Flo??!?!? page 2

Badkty22 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Could it have been an early-term miscarriage perhaps? As Diene above said, there are lots of conditions that could cause painful cramping during your periods. If you have the same cramps in the next couple of months, definitely get in to see your doctor.

little12 is offline Member
    I can't say it's not *possible*...but I highly doubt it was an early-term miscarriage. Highly doubt it.

Stool is good--I take magnesium anyway to help with some of that

Man, you guys are freakin me out a bit!!!!! I figured it had to do with the change in my eating since it coincided perfectly

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    My guess was very early term miscarriage as well.

I had an early miscarriage at 5-6 weeks (unplanned pregnancy). I've never had a period like it and i've never had one like it since. Because it was farther along, mine was 11 days of heavy bleeding plus chronic cramps (including big double-over ones and back aching), and massive head aches which continued for a week or two after the bleeding was over.

A friend of mine had a similar miscarriage -- she was 7 days of bleeding, lots of cramps, and very, very heavy bleeding for the first 5 and then two lighter days, modest headache throughout the whole ordeal.

Another friend of mine was on the bill, no interactions, but got pregnant anyway (so, 1% failure lottery winner), and had a miscarriage about 3 weeks later -- basically manifested like yours.

f you are on a hormonal form of birth control and have had other medications or antibiotics within the last month or so, this basically makes your birth control less effective. My friend (first one mentioned above) got accidentally pregnant this way. She was on the pill, but got an antibiotic for a mild illness, but didn't realize it would negatively affect her birth control. Got pregnant, but also miscarried.

If you had brown spotting at the beginning or end of your menses, this is a good indication that it might have been a miscarriage, as the low progesterone (or broken luteal phase as it's called in Fertility awareness method charting) tends to bring about miscarriages. If it's normal for you to spot like this before menses (as it was for me), that can be shifted through diet and behavioral patterns.

Today, I have a 5 yr old kid (chosen 100% -- no accident), and textbook perfect cycles. No PMS or other symptoms at all. 5 day period, day 1 is light, day 2 is heavy-heavy, day 3-5 are tapering. No brown spotting at the beginning or end. Good color overall.

Cycle is basically text book.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    also, it could just be the stress that you are under as well.

freerangepiglings is offline Senior Member
    I have had 6 early miscarriages and I immediately thought of that reading your description. It does sound like a very strong possibility.

hmmm, I mean I GUESS it could have been possible to have an early miscarriage. It would be silly to say there was no chance. I'm not on any birth control (messes with my system and triggers migraines), but we're very careful and use condoms. My fiance and I are getting married in December But we're not wanting to start the baby-makin right away.

Anyway, I started my cycle monday. Mostly good news:

-about 4 weeks, so my timing hasn't changed...which is good. I've always been predictable to within a few days.
    -got some painful cramping first day, but not NEARLY as bad as the last cycle. I did avoid red meat all this week though, so maybe that helped.

The changes:

-Still way longer than my normal. My normal before was 3 days max of period with probably 2 days of light brown spotting (nothing TP couldn't handle) before. NOW, I'm almost no light brown spotting...maybe half a day...and then 2 days of heavy heavy followed by 3 days of light. I say this, but it's friday, day 5 and it still is "light". I guess this might be my new normal that goes with my new diet.

I'll miss the shorty 3 day flow....but, from what previous posters have said, it sounds like it's healthier that I don't have the light brown?? My fiance and I would like to have kids after we're married, so maybe that's a good thing.

-I did have cramps 2 days before it actually started where I thought "be ready, here it comes". But then nothing came. Pretty much a whole day of that crummy feeling, but no "action" lol.

Anyway, I am BEYOND relieved that those killer cramps didn't come back!!!! I am happy that the timing seems still on course--makes it much easier to track things. I'm not that thrilled that it lasts twice as long...but maybe that will lessen up also once my body adjusts even more. Who knows.

Anyone else's get longer??

Pinot-Girl is offline Senior Member
    Hey

Not sure it's related to diet for me, but I now get cramps about a week before I get my period since being on Primal. They are there for about 24 hours then go away - then a week later I get my period - starts slowly then gets heavier for a few days then goes away.

I hope now you've had another one you're feeling better. I'm sure changes in our diet will affect other body functions, and I guess for us ladies, as we get older things also change.....

PG!
    Primal - June 3rd 2013
    Starting Weight - 150lbs
    Current Weight - 150lbs
    Goal Weight - 130lbs
    (Female / 5'4")

spk
    spk is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by little12 View Post
    hmmm, I mean I GUESS it could have been possible to have an early miscarriage. It would be silly to say there was no chance. I'm not on any birth control (messes with my system and triggers migraines), but we're very careful and use condoms.
    Have to agree w/ the others as I had an early term miscarriage and you sound just like me (no pill, thought I was careful w/ a diaphragm). It was an astonishingly painful and heavy period. But until you experience this again, I wouldn't worry that it's food based. And how long have you been off any version of the pill? It actually took me over a year & 1/2, after dropping the pill, for my body to settle into a predictable routine.

What is it that Dr Christine Northrup says; your period is like when the tide of the ocean retreats from the shore and you see all the stuff that was lying under the surface of the water that you've been ignoring all month. Its an analogy that works for me and you sound like you have a lot on your plate.

“you aren't what you eat - you are what you don't poop.” Wavy Gravy

Today I am Fillyjonk. Tommorow I will be Snufkin.

Well Flo visit #2 while being on PB is complete. It was def longer than it was before PB and heavier for longer. That part kind of sucks, but it's not that bad in the grand scheme of things. Just annoying.

What was more "annoying" was that I had this spotting/trickle effect for like 5 days after! haha. Go figure. Before I was spotting for like 4 days before and then 3 days period. Now i'm no pre spotting, 5 full period days and then 5 days of spotting. Makes ya wonder sometimes what "textbook" is....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12