Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Breakfast... smoothie with fruit good or not good for weight loss (newbe) page 2

Primal Fuel
    Hard-boil and peel some eggs. Pre-cook some bacon and keep it in the freezer. Pop bacon into microwave for 30 seconds. It's an even quicker breakfast than your two-minute smoothie.

Tuppence is online now Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    Well, do you lose weight with this breakfast and feel good? If yes, do not worry about anything else. If you are not sure...

I am with magnolia. Frozen berries will thicken it as good as a banana, if you chose to make a high fat smoothie.

If you want a banana, I would go banana and egg whites, in other words, LF/High carb.

If you want an extreme protein smoothie, nix fruit and go for tuna instead of fruit.
    I might need to build up to blitzing tuna in! Can you taste it?

diene is offline Senior Member
    Here is part 1 of pklopp's intermittent fasting primer: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread27894.html

There's also parts 2 and 3. You can find them by using the search bar at the top of the page.

You probably shouldn't try IF yet since you just started. Starting too many things at once sets you up for failure.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I might need to build up to blitzing tuna in! Can you taste it?
    Yep, but it is milder, and the texture is far more appealing than when choking it dry. I add celery and spinach and onions or tomatoes...

I also make green smoothies with avocado if you prefer that (greens, avocado, egg whites)

or a gazpacho like smoothie, cucumbers, celery, tomato paste (and egg whites).

TBH, my fastest breakfast is a couple of soft-boiled eggs with a cucumber or radishes or a tomato.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Heh, I think I'll have to try the tuna smoothie. It actually sounds strangely appealing. Maybe I'll add tomatoes, celery, and basil to it. And some vodka too. A bloody mary tuna smoothie--bloody tary? Nice weekend brunch. My bf will think that I've lost my mind yet again.

With basil, I love a simple diced tomatoes from the can, basil and ice, cayenne or chipotle chili smoothie (?), and pour over poached shrimp.... Mmgh...

picklepete is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    You'll only know if you crash in the morning without food if you try it.
    Co-sign.
    Be gentle with yourself at first and focus on nourishment but in the long run we're not built to self-destruct without breakfast.
    35//6'3"/180

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

That sounds good too! I've never cooked shrimp before though, and my bf is allergic to it. Maybe I can just pour it over some poached salmon. Mmmmm....screw the weekend. I think I'm going to make the tuna smoothie tonight.

Any seafood will work great with tomato-basil. I am gonna get scallops one of these days... I hope tuna tastes Okay. I do have a weird set of taste buds, lol!

Tuppence is online now Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    Yep, but it is milder, and the texture is far more appealing than when choking it dry. I add celery and spinach and onions or tomatoes...

I also make green smoothies with avocado if you prefer that (greens, avocado, egg whites)

or a gazpacho like smoothie, cucumbers, celery, tomato paste (and egg whites).

TBH, my fastest breakfast is a couple of soft-boiled eggs with a cucumber or radishes or a tomato.
    Thanks. I might risk it ;-) Avocado I'm good with, and that disappears quite well (I just don't want to think about it mixed up with my fruit!).

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast