Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How much bacon is too much? page

CaliforniaGirl is offline Senior Member

How much bacon is too much?

I had an extremely long and busy day and barely had time to go to the bathroom. I definitely did not plan my food well or eat enough which is unusual for me. When I got home, I was so unbelieveably famished that I ate a whole pack of bacon (12 ounces), a cup of bone broth chicken soup, 4 figs, 1/3 bar dark chocolate and some Kombucha. Is it really bad to eat this much bacon? I don't usually eat this much but it is one food that I do find that I just can't stop eating. How much is too much?

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    How...much...too...much?

I'm sorry, I just don't understand this question.

Sent via F-22 Raptor

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    I found that three pounds a week started to crowd out other meats. Man cannot live by bacon alone. Well, almost - but not quite. So now I'm back down to one or two pounds a week. Too many calories for my dollar to cut it out. I get TJ's ends and pieces, 2.99 for a pound.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    One more tamarind, MATT DAMON
    might be the day I tried the liver - just like you

Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Paleo0731 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Man cannot live by bacon alone. Well, almost - but not quite.
    How dare you blaspheme like that.

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    It happened. I would frame it and move on. To be honest..it sounds like a delicious "I'm STARVING" meal.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

jammies is offline Senior Member
    I feel like crap if I eat more than 2-3 pieces of bacon at a time. Too much salt I think.

Personally, I think bacon is a condiment, not a main course.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    I was so unbelieveably famished that I ate a whole pack of bacon (12 ounces), a cup of bone broth chicken soup, 4 figs, 1/3 bar dark chocolate and some Kombucha. Is it really bad to eat this much bacon? I don't usually eat this much but it is one food that I do find that I just can't stop eating. How much is too much?
    LOL, add four eggs and coffee and you have a VERY common dinner for me! Minus the figs.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    One more tamarind, MATT DAMON
    might be the day I tried the liver - just like you

Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

CaliforniaGirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    LOL, add four eggs and coffee and you have a VERY common dinner for me! Minus the figs.
    So you don't think 12 ounces of bacon in one sitting is too much? It was supermarket bacon, not any kind of organic, nitrate-free bacon. I was starving and its not like I ate a loaf of bread or a pint of Hagan Daas so I guess it could have been a lot worse.

Balance is offline Senior Member
    I wouldn't worry too much about it. I wouldn't recommend eating a whole package of bacon every day but every once in awhile I don't feel like it is too bad. I personally eat more beef than any other meat but bacon definitely hits the spot once or twice a week.
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

FrenchFry is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I think your dinner was nice, considering the situation. Don't do eat every day obviously but don't stress about it either
    I have these things sometimes as well: I would come back home and finish the whole jar of duck rillettes in 5mn. Believe me, it is pure enjoyment, no afterthought

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast