Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How much bacon is too much? page 2

Taralphiel is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    How...much...too...much?

I'm sorry, I just don't understand this question.

Sent via F-22 Raptor
    This was my reaction! :P

I also agree with oceangirl. It was a crazy day, you got what food you could, and it was primal!

But yeah, when you have ability to plan out your meals more, I'm sure you'll get more variety in there.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Still too much negativity up in here. Bacon is ON the menu people! Don't let these ideas interrupt your Kung Fu. You just keep choppin'!

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    My boyfriend had too much bacon yesterday. As I was getting ready to go hiking, he was frying up a pan of bacon and 3 eggs (usually he eats only one egg). I suggested he serve this on rice, but he thought it would be too much food. Then later apparently he cooked more bacon, and not long after that had digestive issues. That would be a good reason to limit bacon.

FlyingPig is offline Senior Member
    I wouldn't worry about it, though I personally don't eat bacon more than once a week. I try to make beef and lamb my main meat intake, with chicken and pork only once a week or so. While I love bacon and eggs, I tend to feel and perform better on beef.

FrenchFry is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    My boyfriend had too much bacon yesterday. As I was getting ready to go hiking, he was frying up a pan of bacon and 3 eggs (usually he eats only one egg). I suggested he serve this on rice, but he thought it would be too much food. Then later apparently he cooked more bacon, and not long after that had digestive issues. That would be a good reason to limit bacon.
    Could be the eggs ?

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FrenchFry View Post
    Could be the eggs ?
    It was the fat. Partly the bacon, and partly the fat that was absorbed into the eggs. He should have eaten the rice with the meal.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    If bacon doesn't make you feel icky from the salt and/or fat (it sure doesn't make me feel icky), you're asking the wrong question. It's not about how much you eat at a sitting, but how much you eat throughout a week or month. I haven't been eating much bacon lately, but I'm going to put down a pound of it tonight post workout because it was the only meat in the freezer and I don't have time to go grocery shopping. And I won't feel bad about it for a single second.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaGirl View Post
    So you don't think 12 ounces of bacon in one sitting is too much? It was supermarket bacon, not any kind of organic, nitrate-free bacon. I was starving and its not like I ate a loaf of bread or a pint of Hagan Daas so I guess it could have been a lot worse.
    It was totally way better than a loaf of bread or a pint of Hagan Daas!

In the order of eating animals commonly available as food in the US, I generally think: ruminants/fatty fish, then other wild seafood (or sustainably farmed like crawfish and oysters), then chicken, then pig. But all of them are better than pasta, bread, ice cream or whatever "meals under 30 minutes" CW would recommend.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

excursivey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    How...much...too...much?

I'm sorry, I just don't understand this question.

Sent via F-22 Raptor
    Absolutely cracked me up!

I'm gonna go eat all the bacons I got left right now! Nom nom nom!
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

Jennifla is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    When I first went primal about 14 months ago, I would routinely eat 12-16 ounces of bacon as a meal about 3 X per week. It was mostly about convenience. My BF calls primal the "high-bacon diet" for this reason. But I have since learned how to cook well, so now I eat bacon about once every two weeks or so, and it's still 12-16 ounces in a sitting.
    As God is my witness, I'll never be hungry again.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast