Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about dairy page

emmie is offline Senior Member

Question about dairy

I hope someone else has had this experience because I'm just trying to verify my own.

Just eating standard low carb, I was bothered by occasional heartburn--sometimes more than occasional.

Since I started eating more primal and cut out all grains and dairy about 8 months ago, I realized that I've never had any heartburn at all.

On Sunday evening, I prepared an antipasto salad for dinner (invited a friend to share) and ate cheese for the first time in all these months (love cheese!). I also had wine (2 glasses), which I haven't elminated from my WOE but haven't had for a while.

On Monday, I had terrible heartburn. I had some leftover cheese again on Tuesday--and more heartburn.

I don't intend to go back to dairy at all, but I'm wondering whether that could have been the cause of the heartburn? (Would give me more incentive to avoid cheese:-)

Has anyone ever had a reaction like this?

MikkiB is offline Senior Member
    I've stopped eating much cheese just because it doesn't taste good to me anymore - I still like it melted in omelettes but not just a chunk of cheese. Yesterday I tried a small slice of the 'good brand' we bought (because the store brand just tastes like salt and mold to me now!), and
    1. it didn't appeal to me
    2. I did get a bit of heartburn.

I hadn't made the connection between the heart burn and the cheese until reading your post, but I bet that was it

TheGrappler is offline Senior Member
    Yep, sounds like a trigger food for ya. Too much peanut butter did the same thing to me.
    "I know what my body needs and what it can handle. There's no better way to achieve my goal than what im doing now. If my regimen leads to my death, be it in six days or six months...I will die fullfiled. The outcome is irrelavent so long as i steer towards my fate. If death is to be my prize, i welcome it with open arms."

"A pound of meat a day keeps the doctor away"

Big Dave is offline Senior Member
    Cheese gives me heartburn also.
    Rangers Lead the Way, Hooah!

Carnivore is offline Member
    Wine gives me heartburn sometimes.

darien is offline Junior Member
    I drink a quart of goat milk a day, a few tablespoons of organic (cow) heavy cream in my coffee, some grass-fed butter and cheese (cow) and I never have experienced heartburn.

jo
    jo is offline Senior Member
    Might be that you are sensitive to cheese, but have a look at the packaging and see what ingredients is has. Might be something added to that particular cheese that is not in all cheese.

FrankOcean is offline Senior Member
    I abandoned beans, they gave me terrible heartburns, Cheese for some reason I can tolerate it fairly well.

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    Dairy doesn't make my stomach hurt but it does give me acne. Auto-immune reactions aren't always perceptible.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

MalPaz is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    dairy gives me acne too... and gas..... and it sucks b/c i love it and it assists weight gain SO easily

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast