Thread: Critique my schedule? page

Stjimmy12 is offline Member

Critique my schedule?

Primal Fuel
    Hello, 14 year old male here trying to add some mass. My schedule goes like this:

Monday- Pull day

Wednesday- free day

Friday- Push day

Pull day = 5x5 squats + 5x5 pull ups and chin-ups. Currently I just do a pull up and a chin up everytime I walk past my bar.

Free Day = train whatever muscles aren't sore eg: abs, traps, calves, biceps.

Push day = 10x10 push ups + 5x5 squats + 5x5 shoulder press.

I eat about 2000-3000 calories a day.
    <150 carbs
    100-150 protein
    Rest fat.

Iron Will is offline Senior Member
    I like the idea that you have squats on both your pull and push day but you could change that to dead lifts on your pull and squats on your push.

If you have time you would be better off doing a 4 day program instead of 3 and doing something like this:

Day 1 dead lift as main + accessory movements
    Day 2 pull ups + accessory movements
    Day 3 squats + accessory movements
    Day 4 chest press + accessory movements.

Notice that I put chest press at the end of the week. The reason for this is because most guys NEVER want to miss chest day but will miss other days to make sure they get chest day in. Do all the other stuff first then do the big bad mirror muscles.

Accessory movements are exercises that strengthen the muscle the help to assist the main lift. Your main pull/push should be done with heavy weights low reps and long rest periods (3-5 minutes)

Accessory exercises 12-15 reps with lighter weights and shorter rest periods (90-120sec)

And don't forget, rip the shit out of the weights!!!!

Oh and eat more! And then eat more after that!

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    If I was your age, I'd do Starting Strength and GOMAD and milk (see what I did there?) the strength gains and weight gains as long as I possibly could.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Will View Post
    I like the idea that you have squats on both your pull and push day but you could change that to dead lifts on your pull and squats on your push.

If you have time you would be better off doing a 4 day program instead of 3 and doing something like this:

Day 1 dead lift as main + accessory movements
    Day 2 pull ups + accessory movements
    Day 3 squats + accessory movements
    Day 4 chest press + accessory movements.

Notice that I put chest press at the end of the week. The reason for this is because most guys NEVER want to miss chest day but will miss other days to make sure they get chest day in. Do all the other stuff first then do the big bad mirror muscles.

Accessory movements are exercises that strengthen the muscle the help to assist the main lift. Your main pull/push should be done with heavy weights low reps and long rest periods (3-5 minutes)

Accessory exercises 12-15 reps with lighter weights and shorter rest periods (90-120sec)

And don't forget, rip the shit out of the weights!!!!
    Thanks for the response man!

I thought that 3 days/week was max??

And could you give me a few examples of accessory movements??

3 days is a good start but as long as you're giving your body 24-48 hours rest in between work outs (lower body day 1 upper body day 2 lower body day 3 ect.) you will be just fine.

Some accessory movements for dead lift would be back extensions, pull through, Romanian Deads

Pull ups would be straight arm cable push downs or bench pull overs, bicep curls and cable pull downs

Squats would be Cossack squats glute ham raise hamstring curls and hip bridges (This one for sure)

Chest press would be tricep extensions over head press incline chest press and push ups.

Those are a few for you to start off with.

On the note of eating again. You are not a 50 year old woman looking to loose a few pounds, you're a 14 year boy looking to get jacked! Eat eat eat! 2000 calories should be 1 meal and you should be eating 3-5 meals a day!

3 days is a good start but as long as you're giving your body 24-48 hours rest in between work outs (lower body day 1 upper body day 2 lower body day 3 ect.) you will be just fine.

Some accessory movements for dead lift would be back extensions, pull through, Romanian Deads

Pull ups would be straight arm cable push downs or bench pull overs, bicep curls and cable pull downs

Squats would be Cossack squats glute ham raise hamstring curls and hip bridges (This one for sure)

Chest press would be tricep extensions over head press incline chest press and push ups.

Those are a few for you to start off with.

On the note of eating again. You are not a 50 year old woman looking to loose a few pounds, you're a 14 year boy looking to get jacked! Eat eat eat! 2000 calories should be 1 meal and you should be eating 3-5 meals a day!
    I usually take a bit longer to recover though. I'm still sore from my Monday workout..

Eat more, drink more water and google dynamic warm ups. Those 3 will help considerably with soreness. That being said you can still work and load the muscle if you're sore. If you are in pain give an extra day but get right back into it. Your body will adjust.

Eat more, drink more water and google dynamic warm ups. Those 3 will help considerably with soreness. That being said you can still work and load the muscle if you're sore. If you are in pain give an extra day but get right back into it. Your body will adjust.
    Thanks for the help man !