Thread: UK supplement help page

djd68 is offline Junior Member

UK supplement help

Primal Fuel
    Hi there,

What supplements do those of you living in the UK recommend? I would like to try Mark's Master Formula but it isn't available over here.

I currently take a Berroca, fish oil and high strength glucosamine and chrondotin daily.

I occassionaly feel a little tired and have the odd muscle cramp so I'm wondering if I am missing something.

I was wondering if there was a single formula I could take that would give me everythnig I need.

My diet is fairly primal most of the time. I eat dairy (goats cheese and cream), organic grass fed beef, fish, free range chicken, eggs, salad vegetables, biltong, free range cured pork, bacon, almonds, berries. I drink mainly water, green tea and 1 black coffee a day. For a treat I will have a couple of squares of 85% chocolate and a glass of red wine. I avoid anything processed and don't have too much of a sweet tooth so I don't have anything with artificial sweetener.

I recently ran my first marathon but now I have cut back my running to a 2 or 3 gentle 5k's a week and I try and walk at least 30 minutes a day. I also box once a week.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    Have you tried checking your intakes using FitDay? I have been amazed how many of the RDA of minerals and vitamins I exceed on my usual paleo diet. I am consistently low on calcium so supplement, and vitamin D - so half an hour or more in the sun when possible. magnesium and potassium are also often low but more fish and sweet potato or banana help there. So - check it out! You may not be needing much in the way of supplements.

QoD
    QoD is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Living in the UK you are likely to be Vit D deficient - 30 mins in the midday sun daily is fine but only when you are stark naked! I ordered Vit D supplements from the US and am now taking 50000 IU weekly.